RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

removing lines from scanned image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

removing lines from scanned image Helen 31 May 04:57
  removing lines from scanned image Owen Cook 31 May 05:49
Helen
2005-05-31 04:57:02 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I had hoped someone would respond to Laszio's Q of about 5 days ago, because I have a similar Q.
In order to sign my printed photographs, I scanned my signature onto a lined sheet of white paper. Adding this to a photo shows the white paper background as well as the black signature. Does anyone know how Gimp can take just the signature, without the line or the white background?
Thanks,
Helen

Owen Cook
2005-05-31 05:49:58 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Mon, 30 May 2005, Helen wrote:

I had hoped someone would respond to Laszio's Q of about 5 days ago, because I have a similar Q.
In order to sign my printed photographs, I scanned my signature onto a lined sheet of white paper. Adding this to a photo shows the white paper background as well as the black signature. Does anyone know how Gimp can take just the signature, without the line or the white background?
Thanks,
Helen

Try Image->Filters->Colors->Color to Alpha to remove the white

Try the eraser to remove the lines, though I would have written on plain white paper to avoid the line issue

Owen