RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Sharing code between python plug-ins

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Sharing code between python plug-ins Rene Jensen 26 May 22:03
  Sharing code between python plug-ins Carol Spears 26 May 21:38
Carol Spears
2005-05-26 21:38:30 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 10:03:34PM +0200, Rene Jensen wrote:

Is there a way to share code between python-plugins? A file with common classes and functions would greatly reduce work-overhead for me.

It would appear that the usual trick (i.e. from mycommonfile import *) doesn't work as the python interpreter is based at the user home dir (i.e. calling os.getcwd() returns '/home/username' or whatever). That makes it a bit of a problem to import a file placed at /home/username/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins, I think.

Any help appreciated.

http://carol.gimp.org/gimp2/resources/python/fontmap.html

carol

Rene Jensen
2005-05-26 22:03:34 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Is there a way to share code between python-plugins? A file with common classes and functions would greatly reduce work-overhead for me.

It would appear that the usual trick (i.e. from mycommonfile import *) doesn't work as the python interpreter is based at the user home dir (i.e. calling os.getcwd() returns '/home/username' or whatever). That makes it a bit of a problem to import a file placed at /home/username/.gimp-2.2/plug-ins, I think.

Any help appreciated.

Sincerely Rene Jensen