RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 32, Issue 39

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20050524100940.504EC12FC1@l... 07 Oct 20:17
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 32, Issue 39 Asif Lodhi 24 May 23:51
Asif Lodhi
2005-05-24 23:51:36 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 32, Issue 39

Hi Adam,

adam@gimp.org (2005-05-22 at 1710.22 +0100):

Any opinions on that, anyone?

...................................., regardless of what The Other program does, though we DO have a super-handy little single-click panning tool on the image window already, so overall I don't think it's a compelling win (or loss).

I agree but you have to move the mouse pointer at the far bottom-right corner of the screen if you are talking about that little panning tool in the corner. With space, you would be free to use your right hand to draw/paint and your left hand to switch between panning and painting modes - that will enable to you draw/paint with more freedom and concentrate on the composition instead of tools. In addition, I would highly suggest that this convenience should also be incorporated in other tools as well. It would give us more convenience and smoother workflow. As far as key combinations are concerned, learning key combinations is difficult when you start but, once you've learned them, it makes composing graphics a whole lot easier.

Best regards

Asif