RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

A couple of game oriented plug-ins

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

A couple of game oriented plug-ins Centipede 24 May 17:08
  A couple of game oriented plug-ins Olivier Ripoll 25 May 11:23
  A couple of game oriented plug-ins J.Filby 26 May 07:51
   A couple of game oriented plug-ins Rene Jensen 26 May 09:59
    A couple of game oriented plug-ins J.Filby 26 May 21:28
     A couple of game oriented plug-ins Rene Jensen 26 May 22:53
Centipede
2005-05-24 17:08:11 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hope you all aren't too tired of incessantly hearing about my pet projects :) I might as well announce the latest one here too (for those of you who also visits gug.sunsite.dk). They continue where layer styles left off, but develops into whatever seems a good idea. I have a few more plug-ins planned for light effects and various gizmos'n'gadgets in game-style gfx.

http://artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html

Have fun, centipede

Olivier Ripoll
2005-05-25 11:23:48 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Centipede wrote:

Hope you all aren't too tired of incessantly hearing about my pet projects :)

Well, I do not know for the others, but I am certainly not tired of you work. Just jealous ;)

I might as well announce the latest one here too (for those of you who also visits gug.sunsite.dk). They continue where layer styles left off, but develops into whatever seems a good idea. I have a few more plug-ins planned for light effects and various gizmos'n'gadgets in game-style gfx.
http://artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html
Have fun,
centipede

Regards,

Olivier

J.Filby
2005-05-26 07:51:38 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Il giorno mar, 24-05-2005 alle 17:08 +0200, Centipede ha scritto:

Hope you all aren't too tired of incessantly hearing about my pet projects :)
I might as well announce the latest one here too (for those of you who also visits gug.sunsite.dk). They continue where layer styles left off, but develops into whatever seems a good idea. I have a few more plug-ins planned for light effects and various gizmos'n'gadgets in game-style gfx.

Have fun,
centipede

Hi, I installed your plugin but I wasn't able to select brushes. I noticed that the names of brushes starts with OGM so I changed this line in your plugins:

self.config[self.name+'-brush' ], 'CGT.*' )

into

self.config[self.name+'-brush' ], 'OMG.*' )

and now works better :) A second issue is that "load" and "save" button seem to do nothing :( A third one is that Gimp crashes when I click on two of your brushes in brushes window. The brushes are OGM GV500 Rim 001 Rivets (8x8) and Rock 004 (that is the same of the first). For now I'm only "playing" with your plugins but they seem really useful.
Thanks a lot, J

Rene Jensen
2005-05-26 09:59:43 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi there! Thanks for trying out, and do keep the comments coming.

Hi, I installed your plugin but I wasn't able to select brushes. I noticed that the names of brushes starts with OGM so I changed this line in your plugins:

into

and now works better :)

That's odd? I renamed the tools from 'Brainsuck O.M.G.' to 'Camilla's Game Tools' in the last minute (guess nobody will blame me), and I've just tested that in the archives I've uploaded, everything starts with CGT..? I don't know, perhaps a stale version of the webpage and package file in some web cache somewhere? Try refreshing. Oh, and do clean all the OMG stuff out to avoid duplicates :)

I need to clean up the archives. This page will always be the most recently updated when it comes to CGT:

http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html

A second issue is that "load" and "save" button seem to do nothing :(

Sorry, they haven't been implemented yet. Give me a week or two. The settings are saved with your image. Loading and saving is just for making "templates" so you can transfer a setup from one image/layer to another.

A third one is that Gimp crashes when I click on two of your brushes in brushes window. The brushes are OGM GV500 Rim 001 Rivets (8x8) and Rock 004 (that is the same of the first).

Sorry about the duplicate :)
Yes, I think this is a bug in GIMP actually. You have to click and release fast, or else it tries to display the brush, perhaps as an animation. It seems like GIMP has a problem displaying very small animated brushes. I'll scan for a bugreport and if none mentions this, I'll post one.

For now I'm only "playing" with your plugins but they seem really useful.
Thanks a lot, J

Have fun. They will stabilize soon :)

J.Filby
2005-05-26 21:28:01 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Il giorno gio, 26-05-2005 alle 09:59 +0200, Rene Jensen ha scritto:

Hi there! Thanks for trying out, and do keep the comments coming.

into

and now works better :)

That's odd? I renamed the tools from 'Brainsuck O.M.G.' to 'Camilla's Game Tools' in the last minute (guess nobody will blame me), and I've just tested that in the archives I've uploaded, everything starts with CGT..? I don't know, perhaps a stale version of the webpage and package file in some web cache somewhere? Try refreshing. Oh, and do clean all the OMG stuff out to avoid duplicates :)

I need to clean up the archives. This page will always be the most recently updated when it comes to CGT:

http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage/articles/the6502s/articles-gimp/camilla-game-tools/article.html

I'm not sure I understand your answer (english is not my native language) so I try do describe better the problem. Brushes have two "names": filename like other files and "brushname", that is the name that appears in the brushes dialog. When the script searches for CGT.* brushes it looks at the "brushname". Filenames of brushes in you archive starts with CGT, instead their "brushname" starts with OMG, so IMHO I think is necessary to modify script or "brushname".

Sorry, they haven't been implemented yet. Give me a week or two. The settings are saved with your image. Loading and saving is just for making "templates" so you can transfer a setup from one image/layer to another.

OK

A third one is that Gimp crashes when I click on two of your brushes in brushes window. The brushes are OGM GV500 Rim 001 Rivets (8x8) and Rock 004 (that is the same of the first).

Yes, I think this is a bug in GIMP actually. You have to click and release fast, or else it tries to display the brush, perhaps as an animation. It seems like GIMP has a problem displaying very small animated brushes. I'll scan for a bugreport and if none mentions this, I'll post one.

You are right I found the same problem with other small animated brushes.

Thanks again :)

Rene Jensen
2005-05-26 22:53:50 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Dude, you're right! Thanks! I forgot that I changed my local files in the gimp dir and nowhere else. Well roared, maestro!

New package fixed and uploaded at http://www.artcamilla.dk/vaultage/cornucopia/gimp-cgt-v0.1-20050526.tgz

-Rene Jensen

I'm not sure I understand your answer (english is not my native language) so I try do describe better the problem. Brushes have two "names": filename like other files and "brushname", that is the name that appears in the brushes dialog. When the script searches for CGT.* brushes it looks at the "brushname". Filenames of brushes in you archive starts with CGT, instead their "brushname" starts with OMG, so IMHO I think is necessary to modify script or "brushname".

OK

You are right I found the same problem with other small animated brushes.

Thanks again :)