RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gegl

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gegl Olivier Ripoll 24 May 09:55
gegl Michael Schumacher 24 May 11:36
Olivier Ripoll
2005-05-24 09:55:29 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

gegl

Richard Nagle wrote:

when will gegel be add into gimp?

Thanks- Rick

Hello Richard,

In the open source world, when someone ask for "when ?", the usual answer is "when it's ready". It is very hard for the developers to give you an estimation for such a question, since they do not control some issues such as:
- the time they will have to integrate gegl in the future - the number of people who will join the effort - the problems that will be discovered when merging gegl Thus the typical "when it's ready". Everyone would like gegl to be integrated as soon as possible. Gimp even received in the past some money to do it. But the task is hard and there are other tasks to do (bugs, interface improvements, new plugins, tiny-fu replacement, better brushes, etc.).

I am not a developer. My answer is just to present you some reasons why no one will commit on a date for gegl integration, even if everyone thinks it is the biggest feature in gimp development since migration to gtk2 (from the user perspective).

As a joke, I could also say: "gegl integration is planned to be done when the Debian make their next stable release", but I think this would be too early ;)

Best regards,

Olivier

Michael Schumacher
2005-05-24 11:36:06 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

gegl

Von: Olivier Ripoll

Richard Nagle wrote:

when will gegel be add into gimp?

In the open source world, when someone ask for "when ?", the usual answer is "when it's ready".

As a joke, I could also say: "gegl integration is planned to be done when the Debian make their next stable release", but I think this would be too early ;)

Another frequently given answer does apply here, too:

If you want to have it sooner, help to get it!

HTH, Michael