RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

dbp plug-in problems installing

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

What is the easiest way to change background color into transparency? supraexpress@globaleyes.net 21 May 05:31
  What is the easiest way to change background color into transparency? Owen 22 May 01:13
  What is the easiest way to change background color into transparency? Andreas Waechter 22 May 09:22
  What is the easiest way to change background color into transparency? Sven Neumann 24 May 10:45
   dbp plug-in problems installing kristin falck peña 25 May 20:22
    dbp plug-in problems installing David Hodson 27 May 11:02
     dbp plug-in problems installing kristin falck peña 27 May 17:04
supraexpress@globaleyes.net
2005-05-21 05:31:48 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

What is the easiest way to change background color into transparency?

I want to change the all-black background of an image into a transparency, or make black transparent, so when printed - the background color, black, is not printed. What is the easiest, or most effective, way to do this with Gimp-2.2?

Owen
2005-05-22 01:13:39 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:31:48 -0500 (CDT) supraexpress@globaleyes.net wrote:

I want to change the all-black background of an image into a transparency, or make black transparent, so when printed - the background color, black, is not printed. What is the easiest, or most effective, way to do this with Gimp-2.2?

One possibility

Image->Filters->Colors->Color to Alpha

Owen

Andreas Waechter
2005-05-22 09:22:20 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Add an alpha channel (Layer - Transparency - Add Alpha Channel) if necessary.

Select the background (Select by color or using the Magic wand tool or whatever)

Press Ctrl-K to clear the selection.

Andreas

Sven Neumann
2005-05-24 10:45:45 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

supraexpress@globaleyes.net writes:

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Changing_Background_Color_1/ http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Changing_Background_Color_2/

Sven

kristin falck peña
2005-05-25 20:22:16 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I was happy to have come across the dbp plug-in, (http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html) thanks to this mailing list! But I'm not having too much sucsess installing it... I'm a win xp-gimp user (dummie). I've downloaded all required dll files, and locatede it all in the bin folder under gimp (is this correct?) . Yet I'm getting the following error message: gtk_file_selection_get_filename_uft8 initial point of procedure not found in the library of dynamic connections, libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll. Anybody who can explain to me what to do?

kristin

David Hodson
2005-05-27 11:02:22 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Kristin,

I was happy to have come across the dbp plug-in, [...]

I'm getting the following error message: gtk_file_selection_get_filename_uft8 initial point of procedure not found in the library of dynamic connections, libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll.

Someone else reported the same problem, and fixed it by installing a newer version (2.6.7) of the GTK library. You could try that.

kristin falck peña
2005-05-27 17:04:35 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Yesss!!! That solved my problem: 8-) Thanx

David Hodson wrote:

Kristin,

I was happy to have come across the dbp plug-in, [...]

I'm getting the following error message: gtk_file_selection_get_filename_uft8 initial point of procedure not found in the library of dynamic connections, libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll.

Someone else reported the same problem, and fixed it by installing a newer version (2.6.7) of the GTK library. You could try that.