RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Inserting images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Inserting images Erica De Jesus 18 May 18:50
  Inserting images Olivier Ripoll 18 May 19:14
Erica De Jesus
2005-05-18 18:50:10 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Inserting images

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

Hi,

It might appeal stupid (or not) to some people here, but how do you insert images? The thing I do is open another window with the image that I want, and copy and paste. Is there an easier way? Thnx in advance.

Erica

Olivier Ripoll
2005-05-18 19:14:49 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Inserting images

Erica De Jesus wrote:

Hi,

It might appeal stupid (or not) to some people here, but how do you insert images? The thing I do is open another window with the image that I want, and copy and paste. Is there an easier way? Thnx in advance.

Erica

You can use drag and drop:

- "Drag and drop" to the toolbox creates a new window. You can drag from the "Layer, Channels ..." window (the layer thumbnails) or from the windows explorer (the file manager)

- "Drag and drop" to an image window will create a new layer in the image containing the dragged content. As previously, you can drag from the windows explorer or from Gimp thumbnails.

So in you case, the easiest way is to drag from the windows explorer into you image window.

Regards,

Olivier.