RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

What format is an MSwindows icon in?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

What format is an MSwindows icon in? John R. Culleton 17 May 10:59
  What format is an MSwindows icon in? Erica De Jesus 18 May 09:04
John R. Culleton
2005-05-17 10:59:06 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I am familiar with jpeg, png, tiff, eps and so on image formats. But what format is an MSWindows desktop icon in? Is it one of the well-known formats or is it a format all its own? I know the suffix is .ico and it is in RGB color model.

Erica De Jesus
2005-05-18 09:04:49 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

John R. Culleton wrote:

I am familiar with jpeg, png, tiff, eps and so on image formats. But what format is an MSWindows desktop icon in? Is it one of the well-known formats or is it a format all its own? I know the suffix is .ico and it is in RGB color model.

John,

An MS Windows desktop icon is in the .ico format. It means "Icon" format. A .ico format is well known too, as it is almost every icon's format. But don't get confused with formats. If you need help regarding formats go to http://www.filext.com, almost all formats are in their database. Hope I helped.

Erica