RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to ask the ML in english ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to ask the ML in english ? Pierre-Alexis 15 May 02:54
  How to ask the ML in english ? Eric P 15 May 08:04
   How to ask the ML in english ? Sven Neumann 15 May 13:54
Pierre-Alexis
2005-05-15 02:54:42 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hello,

I would like to ask the ML for some specific questions. The problem is that I use a localized version of The Gimp. How could I translate the menus into english in order to explain you all my questions ? Is there another way than just reinstalling The Gimp with an english locale ?

Thanks.

Pierre-Alexis.

Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout ! Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://mail.yahoo.fr

Eric P
2005-05-15 08:04:17 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Run it from the command line like this.

export LANG=en_US && gimp

Pierre-Alexis wrote:

Hello,

I would like to ask the ML for some specific questions. The problem is that I use a localized version of The Gimp. How could I translate the menus into english in order to explain you all my questions ? Is there another way than just reinstalling The Gimp with an english locale ?

Thanks.

Pierre-Alexis.

Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout ! Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://mail.yahoo.fr

Sven Neumann
2005-05-15 13:54:32 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Eric P writes:

Run it from the command line like this.

export LANG=en_US && gimp

Actually, unless you want to run all apps started from this terminal in english, you should not export the environment variable but use "LANG=en_US gimp".

This is also explained in the first chapter of the user manual.

Sven