RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

changing the size of selections in GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

changing the size of selections in GIMP Gabor Istvan 12 Apr 17:09
  changing the size of selections in GIMP Olivier Ripoll 12 Apr 19:43
  changing the size of selections in GIMP Andreas Waechter 12 Apr 19:53
   changing the size of selections in GIMP Carol Spears 12 Apr 21:01
Gabor Istvan
2005-04-12 17:09:30 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Dear list members:

I've already asked this but haven't got any response. How can I change a selection's (eg rectangle) size without reselecting again?
Thanks,
IG

Olivier Ripoll
2005-04-12 19:43:14 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Gabor Istvan wrote:

Dear list members:

I've already asked this but haven't got any response. How can I change a selection's (eg rectangle) size without reselecting again?
Thanks,
IG

You can increase or shrink the selection by a given amount of pixels with Select->Grow and Select->Shrink respectively.

Gimp 2.4 will contain a new select tool thanks to William Skaggs, but until then, there is no interactive way to resize a selection once you have done one. But there are many interesting option in the tool options to constraint the selection size or aspect ratio.

Sincerely,

Olivier.

Andreas Waechter
2005-04-12 19:53:18 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Gabor Istvan wrote:

The scale tool (as well as move, rotate, shear, change perspective and flip tools) can be applied to a selection as well as to a layer.

Andreas

Carol Spears
2005-04-12 21:01:21 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 07:53:18PM +0200, Andreas Waechter wrote:

Gabor Istvan wrote:

The scale tool (as well as move, rotate, shear, change perspective and flip tools) can be applied to a selection as well as to a layer.

and anything that you can do to paint, you can do to selections via quickmask.

carol