RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.2 - print quality disappoints

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.2 - print quality disappoints Rosemary McGillicuddy 07 Apr 03:07
  Gimp 2.2 - print quality disappoints Sven Neumann 07 Apr 22:48
Rosemary McGillicuddy
2005-04-07 03:07:26 UTC (about 19 years ago)

I am a recent migrator to Mandrake 10.1. Used Gimp 2.0 a bit in windows and happy with print quality. Now upgraded to Gimp 2.2 and print quality disappointing. Photo appears lacking definition, as though there is not enough actual print on the page, and of inferior appearance compared to camera preview and monitor preview. Printed same phot using Phot Studio in windows and quality good.

Could this be a setting? Or should I go back to Gimp 2?

Thanks Rosemary

Sven Neumann
2005-04-07 22:48:19 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

Rosemary McGillicuddy writes:

I am a recent migrator to Mandrake 10.1. Used Gimp 2.0 a bit in windows and happy with print quality. Now upgraded to Gimp 2.2 and print quality disappointing. Photo appears lacking definition, as though there is not enough actual print on the page, and of inferior appearance compared to camera preview and monitor preview. Printed same phot using Phot Studio in windows and quality good.

There have only minor changes to the print plug-in in GIMP 2.0 compared to GIMP 2.2 and these changes only affected the dialog. There should not be any difference in print quality. The problem is most likely elsewhere.

Sven