RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Install

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Install GR Kumaran 03 Apr 20:54
  Install Patrick Shanahan 03 Apr 21:08
  Install Mogens Jaeger 03 Apr 22:37
  Install Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 04 Apr 02:56
  Install Gary Montalbine 04 Apr 04:15
  Install wayne 04 Apr 20:22
  Install Geoffrey 06 Apr 03:00
GR Kumaran
2005-04-03 20:54:22 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install

Hello,

Can anyone give me the address or steps on how to install Gimp in MandrakeLinux? I had downloaded the RPM from Fedora, but I could not install it, when I do 'rpm -i ......'. Here the questions is, actually I am very new to Linux. So here I now request someone to help.

Thanks,
R. Kumaran

Patrick Shanahan
2005-04-03 21:08:28 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install

* GR Kumaran [04-03-05 14:05]:

Can anyone give me the address or steps on how to install Gimp in MandrakeLinux? I had downloaded the RPM from Fedora, but I could not install it, when I do 'rpm -i ......'. Here the questions is, actually I am very new to Linux. So here I now request someone to help.

Your *FIRST* step would be: man rpm

Mogens Jaeger
2005-04-03 22:37:25 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install

GR Kumaran wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
R. Kumaran

You write that you have an Mandrake, and downloaded for Fedora. Normally it's recommended to pick a package for the distribution.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2005-04-04 02:56:37 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install

On Sunday 03 April 2005 15:54, GR Kumaran wrote:

Hello,

what version of Mandrake Linux?

I had posted to this list a detailed explanation of how to build the GIMP forMa\ndrake 10.0 - I suppose you are on 10.1 - but that expanatio n would work fine for 10.1 and the newer GIMP - (of course, yu'd need newer versions of all the packages and apps listed).

Alternatviely, you can search for an RPM for Mandrake 10.1 - thre should be one somewhere.

regards,

JS ->

Thanks,
R. Kumaran

Gary Montalbine
2005-04-04 04:15:57 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install

GR Kumaran wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
R. Kumaran

Try this link for the use of urpmi:

http://mandrake.vmlinuz.ca/bin/view/Main/UsingUrpmi

Try this link to set up your media sources if you have not already done that:

http://www.linuxfordummies.org/addmedia/

This link for a rpm source:

http://rpm.pbone.net/

Hope this helps.

Gary

wayne
2005-04-04 20:22:56 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install

On Sunday 03 April 2005 08:54 am, GR Kumaran wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,
R. Kumaran

I installed the GimpShop rpm from a link on the page below and it worked for my Mandrake 10.1 system. It's uses Gimp version 2.2.4.

http://plasticbugs.com/index.php?p=241

It's a hacked version of Gimp but seems to have all of the functionality and new features of Gimp. Just enter "gimp" to start it.

Wayne

Geoffrey
2005-04-06 03:00:48 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Install

GR Kumaran wrote:

Hello,

Mandrake comes with an rpm for Gimp, you should use that one.