RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to select isolated pixels ?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to select isolated pixels ? Sebastien Cabot 26 Mar 03:53
  How to select isolated pixels ? Sven Neumann 26 Mar 13:29
How to select isolated pixels ? Sebastien Cabot 28 Mar 21:53
Sebastien Cabot
2005-03-26 03:53:07 UTC (about 19 years ago)

I have a black & white image of a texte document, I would like to eliminated the isolated pixel (small group of 1 to 5 pixels in the white area of the page) to keep only the black text.

Anyone have a suggestion to select those isolated pixels with Gimp ?

Thanks.

Sebastien C.

Sven Neumann
2005-03-26 13:29:27 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

Sebastien Cabot writes:

I have a black & white image of a texte document, I would like to eliminated the isolated pixel (small group of 1 to 5 pixels in the white area of the page) to keep only the black text.

Anyone have a suggestion to select those isolated pixels with Gimp ?

Despeckle should be able to do that, give it a try.

Sven

Sebastien Cabot
2005-03-28 21:53:08 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Sebastien Cabot writes:

--- Sven Neumann wrote:

Despeckle should be able to do that, give it a try.

Thanks, I didn't knew about despeckle. Unfortunatly this plug-in in addition to remove the isolated pixels also remove some pixels of the non isolated one (letter contour). This is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. I must remember I have a monocrome image (2-bit) which greatly reduce plug-in option like despeckle.

Utitimatly what I need, is after a selection of all the black pixels, find a way to remove from it all area made of more than 5 contiguous pixels. The remaning areas of 5 or less pixels will be the small dots I want to remove.

Anyone have a suggestion how I can modify my black pixels selection in such a way ?

Thanks

Sebastien C.