RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Crop to selection not working

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Crop to selection not working shugazi 21 Aug 14:02
  Crop to selection not working sillyfrog 25 Aug 05:14
   Crop to selection not working shugazi 27 Aug 14:42
    Crop to selection not working MJohnsontenthousand 01 Oct 11:37
  Crop to selection not working stav 03 Apr 22:02
2018-08-21 14:02:16 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Hey there! All of a sudden, the "Crop to Selection" option is grayed out for me under both Image and Layer. I've tried different file types, existing files, new files... I've unistalled & reinstalled Gimp. It still won't let me crop anything no matter what I try! Any suggestions?

I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit ) running the latest version of Gimp (2.10.6)

Thank you!

2018-08-25 05:14:46 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

Hey there! All of a sudden, the "Crop to Selection" option is grayed out for me under both Image and Layer. I've tried different file types, existing files, new files... I've unistalled & reinstalled Gimp. It still won't let me crop anything no matter what I try! Any suggestions?

I'm on Windows 7 (64-bit ) running the latest version of Gimp (2.10.6)

Thank you!

I had the same issue, after much messing around I found that my selection tool mode was set to "Subtract", not the normal default of "Replace". No idea how I did this, but it stayed that way even after a reboot.

I found if I double clicked on the selection tool, it would highlight the configuration, and at the top there I could change the mode back to normal (also using Shift would do what I needed).

Hopefully this helps someone else!

2018-08-27 14:42:29 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This solved it for me, I thought I was going crazy. Thank you!

2018-10-01 11:37:26 UTC (over 5 years ago)
postings

THANK YOU SO MUCH. This solved it for me, I thought I was going crazy. Thank you!

Thank both of you, humans from the far distant past. You have saved that bitch I was about to choke, and she will be forced to build statues to honor you.

2019-04-03 22:02:07 UTC (about 5 years ago)
postings

Yes, the answers here helped me, I had to change the Rectangle Select Mode to "Replace" and then select again; thanks!