RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Color, and all that jazz...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Color, and all that jazz... Chionesu George 21 Mar 20:31
  Color, and all that jazz... Michael Schumacher 21 Mar 22:57
Chionesu George
2005-03-21 20:31:16 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Ok, so I'm tryin' to ditch Photoshop and do the bulk of my graphics in Linux. When is GIMP gonna have native CMYK support or some kind of native integration with lcms? Like, I know GIMP has it's own path other than being a Photoshop killer, but c'mon -- CMYK support seems to be a no-brainer to me.

- Chionesu George

Michael Schumacher
2005-03-21 22:57:48 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Chionesu George wrote:

Ok, so I'm tryin' to ditch Photoshop and do the bulk of my graphics in Linux. When is GIMP gonna have native CMYK support or some kind of native integration with lcms? Like, I know GIMP has it's own path other than being a Photoshop killer, but c'mon -- CMYK support seems to be a no-brainer to me.

In this case, you should help getting it done. The library that is supposed to integrate this is GEGL (http://www.gegl.org), and there have been plans of the initial contact between gimp and gegl on the developers list already.

Michael