RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Windows screenshots

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Windows screenshots Jim Clark 15 Mar 23:05
  Windows screenshots Brion Vibber 15 Mar 23:59
  Windows screenshots Mateusz Misiorny 16 Mar 01:28
Jim Clark
2005-03-15 23:05:48 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Windows screenshots

I am taking a bunch of screenshots that were made by someone else and putting them on an internal web site. They are dreadful--the jpg save took the sold gray background around the black text and altered it into a mishmash of grays, whites and black pixels about 8 pixels wide. I'm trying to just color over this mess very lightly--can't fix every pixel but at least I can reduce the eye strain of reading this. But what would really be nice would be to just re-type the text.

That would take about 1/10th the time and remove all the bad pixels. However, I do not know what font those Windows dialogs use. Does anyone? Trial and error have not been too fruitful yet.

Here's an 8X screenshot of the screenshot:

http://www.llywelyn.net/images/reboot.png

Thanks-

Jim Clark

Brion Vibber
2005-03-15 23:59:35 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Windows screenshots

Jim Clark wrote:

However, I do not know what font those Windows dialogs use. Does anyone? Trial and error have not been too fruitful yet.

Here's an 8X screenshot of the screenshot:

http://www.llywelyn.net/images/reboot.png

This is Tahoma, 8 point font size at 96dpi.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Mateusz Misiorny
2005-03-16 01:28:28 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Windows screenshots

I am taking a bunch of screenshots that were made by someone else and putting them on an internal web site. They are dreadful--the jpg save took the sold gray background around the black text and altered it into a mishmash of grays, whites and black pixels about 8 pixels wide. I'm trying to just color over this mess very lightly--can't fix every pixel but at least I can reduce the eye strain of reading this.

But why don't you just use the Threshold tool? It works perfectly for this kind of stuff. Just select the area with text and "Threshold" it - you are done (probably you won't even have to tune it much).

good luck,
mati