RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Lost key settings in Gimp 2.10

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Lost key settings in Gimp 2.10 sol 22 May 20:22
  Lost key settings in Gimp 2.10 rich404 23 May 08:02
   Lost key settings in Gimp 2.10 sol 23 May 18:56
2018-05-22 20:22:00 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

I downloaded Gimp 2.10 and it all worked fine, added GMIC as plugin, all worked fine. Then I tried to install darktable as plugin, but it didn't work. Don't know if it's possible in windows. I did it manually, copied files to the plugin directory. When it didn't function, I deleted the darktable files in the plugin directory. But somehow Gimp recognize darktable as a plugin during startup. And now I have lost my Norwegian key code in Gimp. It is only a problem in Gimp, so I guess it must be some kind of crash with the darktable plugin I tried to install, that was when the problem started.

Is there something like a start up file Gimp runs during startup from the exe file? If so, what's the name of it. Can it be edited in any way?

What can I do to fix the problem? Do I have to uninstall Gimp and install again, or is there a better way to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Sol

rich404
2018-05-23 08:02:06 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

somehow Gimp recognize darktable as a plugin during startup. And now I

...snip... Is there something like a start up file Gimp runs during startup from the exe file? If so, what's the name of it. Can it be edited in any way?

I can not see any easy way of disabling the darktable plugin from within Gimp - (For Windows renaming does not seem to work)

You can find the location in Edit -> Preference -> Image Import & Export. screenshot 1

Find the file file-darktable.exe and move **somewhere safe** screenshot 2

Start Gimp up and check the entry screenshot 3

2018-05-23 18:56:02 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

I can not see any easy way of disabling the darktable plugin from within Gimp - (For Windows renaming does not seem to work)

You can find the location in Edit -> Preference -> Image Import & Export. screenshot 1

Find the file file-darktable.exe and move **somewhere safe** screenshot 2

Start Gimp up and check the entry screenshot 3

Thanks! That worked just fine :-)