RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Wacom Volito Pen stops sending core events

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Wacom Volito Pen stops sending core events Johannes Wolter 02 Mar 20:18
Johannes Wolter
2005-03-02 20:18:45 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Wacom Volito Pen stops sending core events

Hello,

I'm just bought a Wacom Volito and tried to use it with Gimp. After some time it worked fine, except one thing.

If I understood correctly there are to kinds of events the wacom driver can emit: Normal core events like my mouse and extended events which include e.g. the pressure I use, when I'm drawing with the pen.

My problem is, that sometime when Gimp correctly grabs the extended input events from the tablet I'm unable to select a button out of the drawing window. Neither can I use the mouse for clicking on a button. It seems to me, that only the extended input events are emitted/grabbed. When I'm clicking out of the window for some time, the xinput switches back to normal, so that I can e.g. close a window or click a button. But this sometimes needs more than a minute or 100 clicks, which is pretty annoying.

I hope it's clear what my problem is and please excuse my bad English. I experienced the problem on my laptop and on my desktop computer and I would be very glad if someone could give me a hint.

The software I use is:

X.org 6.8.1.99 (Laptop) XFree 4.3 (Desktop linuxwacom xinput driver 0.6.6
Gimp 2.2.3-2 (Debian package)

Part of my xorg.conf/XFree86-4: #Trackpoint
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Configured Mouse" Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer" Option "Device" "/dev/psaux" Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2" Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" EndSection

#USB Mouse
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "USB Mouse"
Driver "mouse"
Option "CorePointer" Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse2" Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2" Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" EndSection

#Wacom Volito
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Wacom Stylus" Driver "wacom"
# Option "CorePointer" # Option "AlwaysCore" "on" Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1" Option "Type" "stylus" Option "USB" "on" # Option "ForceDevice" "ISDV4" Option "Mode" "Absolute" Option "TopX" "1"
Option "BottomX" "5100" Option "TopY" "1"
Option "BottomY" "3700" Option "resX" "1024" Option "resY" "768" Option "KeepShape" "on" # Option "DebugLevel" "10" EndSection

Section "ServerLayout" Identifier "Default Layout" Screen "Default Screen" InputDevice "Generic Keyboard" InputDevice "Configured Mouse" # InputDevice "tp-scroll mouse" InputDevice "USB Mouse"
InputDevice "Wacom Stylus" "AlwaysCore" EndSection

Cheers,
Johannes