RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Adjusting selection

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Adjusting selection Kalle Ounapuu 28 Feb 16:05
  Adjusting selection Stuart White 28 Feb 17:13
  Adjusting selection Sven Neumann 01 Mar 11:38
Adjusting selection Kalle Ounapuu 28 Feb 19:49
  Adjusting selection Andreas Waechter 28 Feb 21:16
  Adjusting selection Michael Schumacher 28 Feb 21:43
Kalle Ounapuu
2005-02-28 16:05:10 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Adjusting selection

After selecting a region with the box selection tool, is there a way to fine tune the selection?
In Photoshop, I use the "Select/Transform Selection" tool, and it gives me transform handles on the edges and corners of the selection.

Stuart White
2005-02-28 17:13:05 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Adjusting selection

Select the "Scale the layer or selection" tool (Shift+T) in the toolbox, then click the "Transform Selection" button (the pink square) in the tool options. This allows you to scale a selection using handles on the corners of the selection.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:05:10 -0500, Kalle Ounapuu wrote:

After selecting a region with the box selection tool, is there a way to fine tune the selection?

In Photoshop, I use the "Select/Transform Selection" tool, and it gives me transform handles on the edges and corners of the selection.

Kalle Ounapuu
2005-02-28 19:49:29 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Adjusting selection

Thanks for that.

When manually dragging an edge, is there a way to constrain it on an axis?

In Photoshop you hold shift and your cursor motion will be restricted to the initial axis you start moving your mouse on.

-----Original Message----- From: Stuart White [mailto:stuart.white1@gmail.com] Sent: Monday, February 28, 2005 11:13 AM To: Kalle Ounapuu
Cc: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Adjusting selection

Select the "Scale the layer or selection" tool (Shift+T) in the toolbox, then click the "Transform Selection" button (the pink square) in the tool options. This allows you to scale a selection using handles on the corners of the selection.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:05:10 -0500, Kalle Ounapuu wrote:

Andreas Waechter
2005-02-28 21:16:12 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Adjusting selection

When manually dragging an edge, is there a way to constrain it on an axis? In Photoshop you hold shift and your cursor motion will be restricted to the initial axis you start moving your mouse on.

A short test reveals:

pressing ctrl limits the movement to left-right, pressing alt limits the movement to top-down

Andreas

Michael Schumacher
2005-02-28 21:43:28 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Adjusting selection

Kalle Ounapuu wrote:

When manually dragging an edge, is there a way to constrain it on an axis?

In Photoshop you hold shift and your cursor motion will be restricted to the initial axis you start moving your mouse on.

Ctrl keeps the height, Alt the width, and both simultaneously the aspect ratio. This is also available in the scale tool options.

HTH, Michael

Sven Neumann
2005-03-01 11:38:38 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Adjusting selection

Hi,

"Kalle Ounapuu" writes:

You can for example use the transform tools on the selection.

Sven