RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-drawable-invert parameters

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

11 of 11 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-drawable-invert parameters HeyJC 10 Apr 20:25
  gimp-drawable-invert parameters Ofnuts 11 Apr 07:00
   gimp-drawable-invert parameters HeyJC 11 Apr 12:51
  gimp-drawable-invert parameters Shlomi Fish 11 Apr 07:45
   gimp-drawable-invert parameters HeyJC 11 Apr 12:52
    gimp-drawable-invert parameters Ofnuts 13 Apr 07:28
  gimp-drawable-invert parameters rich404 11 Apr 08:17
   gimp-drawable-invert parameters rich404 11 Apr 10:38
    gimp-drawable-invert parameters rich404 11 Apr 11:04
     gimp-drawable-invert parameters HeyJC 11 Apr 12:57
   gimp-drawable-invert parameters HeyJC 11 Apr 12:54
2018-04-10 20:25:43 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

Hello,

I am attempting to update the Saul Goode version of the Create Luminosity Masks Script-Fu script, sg-luminosity-masks. It works fine in GIMP 2.8, but I have just updated to GIMP 2.9.8 to take advantage of the automatic link to darktable for importing RAW images.

When I first ran the script it ended with an error based on the use of deprecated functions in the script. I replaced the function names with the newer versions and the script starts to work but I eventually get the following error message:

Execution error for 'Luminosity Masks (saulgoode)': Error: Invalid number of arguments for gimp-drawable-invert (expected 2 but received 1)

I have looked for a function reference for the gimp functions called in Script-Fu without finding anything. I've also searched for the proper parameters for gimp-drawable-invert but am also coming up blank.

Can anyone help with either a current function reference or the parameters for gimp-drawable-invert. I've attached the original script for reference.

Thank you!

Ofnuts
2018-04-11 07:00:00 UTC (about 6 years ago)

To get the documentaiton of the API, open the script-fu console, hit the "Browse..." button and enter "invert" in the search box. Then select the function. You will see that the second argument determines if the inversion is done in perceptual or linear space.

On 04/10/18 22:25, HeyJC wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to update the Saul Goode version of the Create Luminosity Masks Script-Fu script, sg-luminosity-masks. It works fine in GIMP 2.8, but I have just updated to GIMP 2.9.8 to take advantage of the automatic link to darktable for importing RAW images.

When I first ran the script it ended with an error based on the use of deprecated functions in the script. I replaced the function names with the newer versions and the script starts to work but I eventually get the following error message:

Execution error for 'Luminosity Masks (saulgoode)': Error: Invalid number of arguments for gimp-drawable-invert (expected 2 but received 1)

I have looked for a function reference for the gimp functions called in Script-Fu without finding anything. I've also searched for the proper parameters for gimp-drawable-invert but am also coming up blank.

Can anyone help with either a current function reference or the parameters for gimp-drawable-invert. I've attached the original script for reference.

Thank you!

Attachments: * http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/872/original/sg-luminosity-masks.scm

Shlomi Fish
2018-04-11 07:45:52 UTC (about 6 years ago)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2018 22:25:43 +0200 HeyJC wrote:

Hello,

I can find the help for "gimp-drawable-invert" just fine in the script-fu console, by searching for "invert" - see http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/gimp-drawable-invert--to-del.png .

I cannot find the script-fu reference online (why not?)

Thank you!

Attachments:
http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/872/original/sg-luminosity-masks.scm

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Emma Watson Factoids - http://shlom.in/emwatson-facts

Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again.
    — Ecclesiastes 1:11

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .
rich404
2018-04-11 08:17:49 UTC (about 6 years ago)

Hello,

----snip----

You do not say which operating system, I am assuming not Windows.

The original file raises deprecated procedure warnings but they are just warnings.

Start Gimp up with the switch --pdb-compat-mode=on and the warnings are hidden. The script works as usual

screenshot example: Kubuntu 16.04 Gimp 2.9.9 original luminosity script Image imported using nufraw 16 bit

rich404
2018-04-11 10:38:23 UTC (about 6 years ago)

----snip----

Just twigged the Gimp 2.9.8 bit. It is most probably Windows

Add the switch --pdb-compat-mode=on **after** the quotes in the windows launcher. Blame Windoze and their use of spaces in paths. Note the space after the quote.

"C:\Program Files\Gimp 2.9\bin\gimp-2.9.exe" --pdb-compat-mode=on

screenshot example:

rich404
2018-04-11 11:04:54 UTC (about 6 years ago)

OK, a look at script-fu console and gimp-drawable-invert adds another parameter

INT32 Whether to invert in linear space (TRUE or FALSE)

So I edited the script to include the value 1 for false. That should be the same as when using Gimp 2.8

A quick try in Win7 Gimp 2.9.8, seems to work ok.

script attached

Still advise adding --pdb-compat-mode=on to the startup.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2018-04-11 12:51:06 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

To get the documentaiton of the API, open the script-fu console, hit the
"Browse..." button and enter "invert" in the search box. Then select the
function. You will see that the second argument determines if the inversion is done in perceptual or linear space.

Thank you! I had no idea where to look for this.

2018-04-11 12:52:52 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

I can find the help for "gimp-drawable-invert" just fine in the script-fu
console, by searching for "invert" - see http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/gimp-drawable-invert--to-del.png .

Thank you! Google search didn't get me anything. New to Script-fu

2018-04-11 12:54:46 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

----snip----

The original file raises deprecated procedure warnings but they are just warnings.

Start Gimp up with the switch --pdb-compat-mode=on and the warnings are hidden. The script works as usual

screenshot example: Kubuntu 16.04 Gimp 2.9.9 original luminosity script Image imported using nufraw 16 bit

Thank you! I use WIndows 7, 10, and Ubuntu 17.10

2018-04-11 12:57:45 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

OK, a look at script-fu console and gimp-drawable-invert adds another parameter

INT32 Whether to invert in linear space (TRUE or FALSE)

So I edited the script to include the value 1 for false. That should be the same as when using Gimp 2.8

A quick try in Win7 Gimp 2.9.8, seems to work ok.

script attached

Still advise adding --pdb-compat-mode=on to the startup.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Thanks for all of your help Rich! I realized after posting that the 6 times I tried to run the script all worked. I'l add the switch to my shortcut.

Cheers!

Ofnuts
2018-04-13 07:28:57 UTC (about 6 years ago)

On 04/11/18 14:52, HeyJC wrote:

I can find the help for "gimp-drawable-invert" just fine in the script-fu
console, by searching for "invert" - see http://www.shlomifish.org/Files/files/images/gimp-drawable-invert--to-del.png .

Thank you! Google search didn't get me anything. New to Script-fu

If you are new to this, use Python... easier/more powerful than Script-fu