RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem with drawing in gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem with drawing in gimp fowlertrainer@anonym.hu 16 Feb 15:38
  Problem with drawing in gimp Matthew H. Plough 16 Feb 17:08
  Problem with drawing in gimp David Neary 16 Feb 17:13
fowlertrainer@anonym.hu
2005-02-16 15:38:29 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi !

My problem is that: I want to draw to montage. But same areas are "undrawable". It seems to that areas are the empty areas (where layer is transaparent). How to I force drawing ?

Thanx for help: ft

Matthew H. Plough
2005-02-16 17:08:42 UTC (about 19 years ago)

fowlertrainer@anonym.hu wrote:

My problem is that: I want to draw to montage. But same areas are "undrawable". It seems to that areas are the empty areas (where layer is transaparent). How to I force drawing ?

There are a couple of things that could cause this. First of all, a really basic one :-) . In the layers dialog, do you have the right layer selected? I'm fairly good with the GIMP, and I still do that all the time. Luckily there's an undo... Second of all, is the area that you're trying to draw in outside the dotted yellow lines that mark the layer border? If that's the case, the layer menu has several ways to expand your layer. Layer to image size is particularly nice if you're lazy and want to do something really fast, while layer to boundary size gives you a bit more control. Both options expand your layer without resizing any of your work, but there is another option to resize if you'd like to do that.

I hope that helps you out.

Matt

David Neary
2005-02-16 17:13:52 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

fowlertrainer@anonym.hu wrote:

In the layers & channels dialog, there is a small checkbox with a transparent check beside it - this is the "keep transparency" setting, which means you can only draw on parts of the layer that are opaque. Uncheck it, and you can draw freely.

Cheers, Dave.