RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

brush went from round to elliptical?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

brush went from round to elliptical? Maisie 02 Jan 05:13
  brush went from round to elliptical? Maisie 02 Jan 05:52
  brush went from round to elliptical? rich404 02 Jan 11:55
2018-01-02 05:13:24 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Hi

I went to use a basic round brush, one of those that come with Gimp, and all of a sudden the thing is elliptical, no longer a circle - what could I have possibly done, lol?

I can't figure it out and I've spent a bit of time scouring videos with no answers.... What can I do to get it reset to the way it was?

Thanks!

2018-01-02 05:52:53 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Found my own answer - I rebooted and it fixed itself

rich404
2018-01-02 11:55:11 UTC (over 6 years ago)

Hi

I went to use a basic round brush, one of those that come with Gimp, and all of a sudden the thing is elliptical, no longer a circle - what could I have possibly done, lol?

I can't figure it out and I've spent a bit of time scouring videos with no answers....
What can I do to get it reset to the way it was?

Try looking at the Gimp documents

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tools-paint.html#gimp-tool-brush

Videos, not recommending this one, the black gimp theme makes it difficult to follow, but it is slow and contains much information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GFp1ySO5MU&index=10&list=PLHl8nuacOfLLeiiABV3a_wni9TG6GrV6s

Ending up with an oval brush. You should check the paint tool options and in particular the aspect ratio.

Usually it is click and drag to change the value but the mouse scroll wheel also acts when hovering over the slider. Maybe you failed to notice.

The little circular icons reset each value to the default. Restarting Gimp will have reset these values but that is the hard way of doing things.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net