RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Q2 - Selection moving without layer data moving

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Q2 - Selection moving without layer data moving fowlertrainer@anonym.hu 15 Feb 09:06
  Q2 - Selection moving without layer data moving Carol Spears 15 Feb 10:21
  Q2 - Selection moving without layer data moving GSR - FR 15 Feb 17:23
fowlertrainer@anonym.hu
2005-02-15 09:06:32 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi !

Another Photoshop question:

Q2: How to I move a selection (example BOX) without moving the layer's image data ?

In Photoshop, when I select a box area, I can move the area with arrows, or mouse. But Image data is stay unchangeable under the area. How to I do it same thing in GIMP ?
(So: I need to repositioning the selection only, without recreate it)

Thanx for help: ft

Carol Spears
2005-02-15 10:21:23 UTC (about 19 years ago)

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 09:06:32AM +0100, fowlertrainer@anonym.hu wrote:

Hi !

Another Photoshop question:

Q2: How to I move a selection (example BOX) without moving the layer's image data ?

In Photoshop, when I select a box area, I can move the area with arrows, or mouse. But Image data is stay unchangeable under the area. How to I do it same thing in GIMP ?
(So: I need to repositioning the selection only, without recreate it)

in gimp2, you double click on the move tool icon in the toolbox and then in the tool options select the button in the center with the reddish box on it.

carol

GSR - FR
2005-02-15 17:23:11 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,
fowlertrainer@anonym.hu (2005-02-15 at 0906.32 +0100):

While still with selection tool selected, press Alt key and drag the selection with mouse. Or press Alt and Arrows for 1 pixel movement, or Shift+Arrows for 25 pix jumps. In Move tool the similar combinations work.

GSR