RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

why Text is semi-transparent?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

why Text is semi-transparent? TomC 09 Nov 03:49
  why Text is semi-transparent? rich404 09 Nov 10:35
   why Text is semi-transparent? TomC 09 Nov 11:19
   why Text is semi-transparent? Ofnuts 09 Nov 23:31
2017-11-09 03:49:57 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

I can't figure it out for the last hour or some going through everything and googling. Why my text (even the text tool box) is semi-transparent even though the layer is 100% opaque?

rich404
2017-11-09 10:35:16 UTC (over 6 years ago)

I can't figure it out for the last hour or some going through everything and googling.
Why my text (even the text tool box) is semi-transparent even though the layer is 100% opaque?

The text tool box is normally semi-transparent, at least it is on my installation.

Is your text semi-transparent? You are not giving much of a clue with that screenshot.

One thing that does show. It looks like it might have come from an animation, so could be in colour Indexed mode.

If it is color indexed, change the mode to RGB - Gimp menu Image -> Mode -> RGB and try again. See if it makes any difference.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

2017-11-09 11:19:12 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

One thing that does show. It looks like it might have come from an animation, so could be in colour Indexed mode.

If it is color indexed, change the mode to RGB - Gimp menu Image -> Mode -> RGB and try again. See if it makes any difference.

Yes, you were right. It was Indexed, changing it to RGB solved my problem. Thanks a lot!

Ofnuts
2017-11-09 23:31:39 UTC (over 6 years ago)

On 11/09/17 11:35, rich404 wrote:

I can't figure it out for the last hour or some going through everything and googling.
Why my text (even the text tool box) is semi-transparent even though the layer is 100% opaque?

The text tool box is normally semi-transparent, at least it is on my installation.

Is your text semi-transparent? You are not giving much of a clue with that screenshot.

Another clue is that the text is also very pixelated, due to the "binary" opacity in indexed-mode images.