RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Assemble RGB image from 3 grayscale images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Assemble RGB image from 3 grayscale images Alex Mayrhofer 11 Feb 10:11
  Assemble RGB image from 3 grayscale images Alexander Rabtchevich 11 Feb 11:04
   Assemble RGB image from 3 grayscale images GSR - FR 11 Feb 16:41
Alex Mayrhofer
2005-02-11 10:11:18 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

i'm trying to assemble 3 grayscale images (each of them representing a single R, G, B channel of the same picture) into a single colour image. I haven't found a way to copy the grayscale data just into a single channel - it always goes to all three channels.

Do i need to write a plugin to achieve this, or is there an out-of-the-box method to do this?

any help appreciated.

-- Alex Mayrhofer
axelm-gimp@nona.net

Alexander Rabtchevich
2005-02-11 11:04:37 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Put the channels into three layers of an image and use Plugins->Colours->Compose-> RGB
Alex Mayrhofer wrote:

Hi,

i'm trying to assemble 3 grayscale images (each of them representing a single R, G, B channel of the same picture) into a single colour image. I haven't found a way to copy the grayscale data just into a single channel - it always goes to all three channels.

GSR - FR
2005-02-11 16:41:35 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,
alexander.v.rabtchevich@iaph.bas-net.by (2005-02-11 at 1204.37 +0200):

Put the channels into three layers of an image and use Plugins->Colours->Compose-> RGB

No need of the first step, just use the plugin on one of them and select the other images there.

GSR