RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Batch plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Batch plugin QrQ 01 Jun 08:48
  Batch plugin Rick Strong 02 Jun 05:16
  Batch plugin rich2005 03 Jun 09:37
2017-06-01 08:48:19 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Batch plugin

Hello,

I'm looking for a batch plugin, which is the opposite of imposing the same watermark on thousands of images.

I have one background image and I need to put thousands of different images on it.

Thank you in advance, greetings

Rick Strong
2017-06-02 05:16:02 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Batch plugin

Sounds like you need a script that draws from an image database. There is something on scripting in the help file. What OS?

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: QrQ
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2017 4:48 AM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Cc: notifications@gimpusers.com
Subject: [Gimp-user] Batch plugin

Hello,

I'm looking for a batch plugin, which is the opposite of imposing the same watermark on thousands of images.

I have one background image and I need to put thousands of different images on
it.

Thank you in advance,
greetings

QrQ (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
rich2005
2017-06-03 09:37:18 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Batch plugin

Hello,

I have one background image and I need to put thousands of different images on it.

Thank you in advance, greetings

Stating the obvious

You see from another post that writing a gimp script is going to be a PITA, then it has to applied in a batch file.

A better way is not Gimp but command line ImageMagick.

Assuming Windows since 'batch' was used rather than 'bash', a basic command line might be, depending on file types

for %i in (*.jpg); do magick composite -gravity south-east "%i" back.png "%i.png"

That will plant a small image in the bottom right corner of a background image (back.png)

see: attachment 1 for a folder of sample files.

see: attachment 2 for result.

The place to ask the question for better advice on use is the IM Users forum

https://www.imagemagick.org/discourse-server/