RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Text tool

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Text tool Alexander Rabtchevich 21 Jan 08:52
  Text tool Sven Neumann 21 Jan 21:25
Alexander Rabtchevich
2005-01-21 08:52:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Text tool

I've looked through the discussion on the next GIMP release in the development list. :) Are there any plans on adding the features the text tool don't have compared to freetype plugin (spacing, transformations). While the transformations are available via tools, there is the bug at least in the latest build for Windows (2.2.1) that after editing the text being transformed before it loses the transformations.

Sven Neumann
2005-01-21 21:25:13 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Text tool

Hi,

Alexander Rabtchevich writes:

I've looked through the discussion on the next GIMP release in the development list. :) Are there any plans on adding the features the text tool don't have compared to freetype plugin (spacing, transformations).
While the transformations are available via tools, there is the bug at least in the latest build for Windows (2.2.1) that after editing the text being transformed before it loses the transformations.

Yes, transformations will be added for GIMP 2.4. It's already almost working in my tree, I only haven't had enough free time at hand yet to complete it.

Spacing on the other hand is difficult to implement and depends on features being added to Pango. There's a bug report about it in case you are interested in the details.

Sven