RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2.2.1 'save as' locking up constantly

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2.2.1 'save as' locking up constantly Charles Marcus 19 Jan 22:23
  2.2.1 'save as' locking up constantly Carol Spears 20 Jan 00:17
   2.2.1 'save as' locking up constantly John Dietsch 20 Jan 01:17
  2.2.1 'save as' locking up constantly Sven Neumann 20 Jan 22:11
Charles Marcus
2005-01-19 22:23:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

This is getting really frustrating...

Windows XP Pro sp2 with latest security patches installed AMD Processors (this is happening on multiple machines)

Almost (but not quite) every time I open a simple .bmp or .tif file I have scanned, and do a 'save as' to save it as a .jpg, GIMP stops responding - I am not even able to kill it in the process manager, although, surprisingly, I am able to minimize and maximize the windows. The only way to kill it is to reboot, which is totally unacceptable.

These files are *not* that big (a few megs), and it is happening on every machine I have installed 2.2.x on. 2.0 worked just fine. I really like some of the improvements in 2.2.x series, but have had to drop back to 2.0.6 until this is fixed.

Any ideas? Others having the same problem?

Charles

Carol Spears
2005-01-20 00:17:30 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:23:51PM +0000, Charles Marcus wrote:

Windows XP Pro sp2 with latest security patches installed AMD Processors (this is happening on multiple machines)

Almost (but not quite) every time I open a simple .bmp or .tif file I have scanned, and do a 'save as' to save it as a .jpg, GIMP stops responding - I am not even able to kill it in the process manager, although, surprisingly, I am able to minimize and maximize the windows. The only way to kill it is to reboot, which is totally unacceptable.

okay, this is a rant from someone in the gnu/linux community.

if rebooting to solve software problems had been unacceptable to the window using community, Microsoft would not exist today (as it does) and you would not be rebooting gimp now.

thank you, carol

John Dietsch
2005-01-20 01:17:01 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Carol Spears wrote:

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 09:23:51PM +0000, Charles Marcus wrote:

if rebooting to solve software problems had been unacceptable to the window using community, Microsoft would not exist today (as it does) and you would not be rebooting gimp now.

thank you, carol

I like the way you put that!
John

Sven Neumann
2005-01-20 22:11:57 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Charles Marcus writes:

These files are *not* that big (a few megs), and it is happening on every machine I have installed 2.2.x on. 2.0 worked just fine. I really like some of the improvements in 2.2.x series, but have had to drop back to 2.0.6 until this is fixed.

Any ideas? Others having the same problem?

A quick search in Bugzilla would have told you that this is most probably the well-known problem that the GTK+ file-chooser dialog crashes on directories located on the network.

Sven