RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Exporting my a4 poster

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Exporting my a4 poster Mort78 26 Apr 16:17
  Exporting my a4 poster Ken Moffat 26 Apr 18:28
2017-04-26 16:17:52 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

Exporting my a4 poster

Hi, I'm a new gimp 2 user. I have finished an a4 poster for my band. When I export it as a jpeg a small section of the screen is my poster, but there is a load of background which I don't want to see. I did it as a4 in order to print, but would also like to put it on fb, without the background. Any help would be much appreciated.

Ken Moffat
2017-04-26 18:28:17 UTC (almost 7 years ago)

Exporting my a4 poster

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 06:17:52PM +0200, Mort78 wrote:

Hi, I'm a new gimp 2 user. I have finished an a4 poster for my band. When I export it as a jpeg a small section of the screen is my poster, but there is a load of background which I don't want to see. I did it as a4 in order to print, but would also like to put it on fb, without the background. Any help would be much appreciated.

Zoom In so that it occupies more of the screen ? Your question souunds as if you will be using some sort of screen-copy program to post it.

Just attach it so that a (full-size) image is posted to that site ? (No idea if that works, I don't have any reason to use it but I do see it can be useful for a band)

You can also copy the A4 image (i.e. the xcf file) to a new name and then run Image -> Scale Image to alter the number of pixels and the pixels-per-inch (or whatever metric your locale uses).

ĸen

Error: ( : 1) not enough arguments