RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP save modfied EXIF

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP save modfied EXIF Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list 13 Apr 00:47
Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list
2017-04-13 00:47:01 UTC (about 7 years ago)

GIMP save modfied EXIF

Dear Experts
I am new to GIMP , I tried to search google for the below phrase : "GIMP saved modified date"
But reveal no help.
File --> Properties --> Advanced --> Here I tried to modify properties , after finishing what should I click to be save ? Thanks

Please any advice of this ?

zillah (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It appears to be possible in newer GIMP experimental development versions:

https://superuser.com/questions/991407/how-do-i-edit-a-jpegs-exif-data-with-gimp

has this comment:

"As of Gimp 2.9.4 (possibly 2.9.2) there is a built-in metadata editor/viewer. It is under the menu > Image > Image Metadata.

See http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/gimp-gets-advanced-exif-xmp-iptc-metadata-support

If you are on OSX and want a binary of this version (rather than compile from source), try Partha's McGimp variants, the McGimp 2.9.5 64-bit Experimental, or McGimp 2.9.5 64-bit Color Corrected Experimental, an interesting project in its own right.
shareimprove this answer

answered Aug 20 '16 at 10:42
jeffmcneill"

I have not (so far) been able to veriify this, as I do not currently have a working 2.9.x ...

As I said in an earlier answer to this, if by chance something has changed your file date/time, and you want to re-set it to
the date/time the photo was taken, exiftool can be used to do so (see earlier post under same Subject at the Archives)