RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp on Slackware 10/Slackware Current.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp on Slackware 10/Slackware Current. John Culleton 10 Jan 23:17
  Gimp on Slackware 10/Slackware Current. A Guy Called Tyketto 11 Jan 00:32
John Culleton
2005-01-10 23:17:21 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I tried compiling the most recent Gimp (2.2.2) from source but encountered too many mysterious problems. I updated glib and Gtk+ and pango and so on from the Slackware current distro but it still wouldn't fly.

So next I tried to install Gimp 2.2.0 from Slackware current. This is not the latest, but more recent than what comes with Slack 10 (2.0.2).

When I attempt to execute Gimp I get the error message: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- error while loading shared libraries: libXfixes.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I cannot find a file like this in the package inventory for Slack current.

So, any Gimp users out there that would like to give me a hint? I can always use Knoppix for my Gimp jobs but Slack is a lot faster :

A Guy Called Tyketto
2005-01-11 00:32:33 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 05:17:21PM -0500, John Culleton wrote:

I tried compiling the most recent Gimp (2.2.2) from source but encountered too many mysterious problems. I updated glib and Gtk+ and pango and so on from the Slackware current distro but it still wouldn't fly.

So next I tried to install Gimp 2.2.0 from Slackware current. This is not the latest, but more recent than what comes with Slack 10 (2.0.2).

When I attempt to execute Gimp I get the error message: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- error while loading shared libraries: libXfixes.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ------------------------------------------------------------------------ I cannot find a file like this in the package inventory for Slack current.

So, any Gimp users out there that would like to give me a hint? I can always use Knoppix for my Gimp jobs but Slack is a lot faster :

Hey there, John.

libXfixes is part of the Xorg 6.8.1 release. That one is available in slackware-current. Slackware-10.0 currently goes up to xorg 6.7.0. Grab the x11-6.8.1 and x11-devel-6.8.1 packages from slackware-current, and you should be good to go.

I'd also advise to use swaret to bring them down, so it can resolve any possible dependencies as well. Good luck.

BL.