RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changing gimp menus

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changing gimp menus cedric 10 Jan 00:51
  Changing gimp menus Sven Neumann 10 Jan 01:20
cedric
2005-01-10 00:51:50 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Changing gimp menus

I think some menus or not necessary. Especially Dialogs. I find now more useful to use windows menus to open a new one. So i would like to know if it is possible to change GIMP menus and eventually delete Dialog entry?

Sven Neumann
2005-01-10 01:20:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Changing gimp menus

Hi,

cedric writes:

I think some menus or not necessary. Especially Dialogs. I find now more useful to use windows menus to open a new one. So i would like to know if it is possible to change GIMP menus and eventually delete Dialog entry?

Err, I think I am missing something here. GIMP would become unusable without the Dialogs menu. How would you open new dialogs if it wasn't there?

Anyway, you can edit the menus. They are defined in XML files that can be easily edited to your needs. There's also an effort underway in reorganizing the menu hierarchy for GIMP 2.4 (see http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/GimpMenuReorganization).

Sven