RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

batch remove layer

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

batch remove layer matroosje 22 Feb 15:04
  batch remove layer Ofnuts 22 Feb 22:28
   batch remove layer matroosje 23 Feb 11:23
    batch remove layer matroosje 24 Feb 10:15
2017-02-22 15:04:27 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

batch remove layer

Hi,

I have some drawings (a couple of hundreds) that have a paspartout around them, a white border. The paspartout is on a different layer, also called 'paspartout'.

Is there a way to remove the 'paspartout' layer in all the files at once in batch mode? The files are psd files and the paspartout is always the last layer added, so sometimes it is the 6th, sometimes the 13th.

Or, alternativaly, is it possible to rename the paspartout layer and assign it a number? Because with imagemagick I know how to remove a layer, but not when it has a name (-delete only works with numbers...)

Ofnuts
2017-02-22 22:28:42 UTC (about 7 years ago)

batch remove layer

On 22/02/17 16:04, matroosje wrote:

Hi,

I have some drawings (a couple of hundreds) that have a paspartout around them, a white border. The paspartout is on a different layer, also called 'paspartout'.

Is there a way to remove the 'paspartout' layer in all the files at once in batch mode? The files are psd files and the paspartout is always the last layer added, so sometimes it is the 6th, sometimes the 13th.

Or, alternativaly, is it possible to rename the paspartout layer and assign it a number? Because with imagemagick I know how to remove a layer, but not when it has a name (-delete only works with numbers...)

See my ofn-remove-top-layer script here: and use it
with the BIMP plugin to apply it to all images.

This said, the ImageMagick help says:

-delete {index}: delete the images specified by index, from the image sequence.Specify the image by its index in the sequence. The first image is index 0.

2017-02-23 11:23:33 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

batch remove layer

See my ofn-remove-top-layer script here: and use
it
with the BIMP plugin to apply it to all images.

This said, the ImageMagick help says:

-delete {index}: delete the images specified by index, from the image sequence.Specify the image by its index in the sequence. The first image
is index 0.

Hi, thanks,

I installed your plugin and the BIMP plugin, and I found your plugin under image/remove top layer. It works well, and does exactly what I want, but I don't know how to use it with the BIMP. How do I do that (I'm not an experienced GIMP user...). I cannot seem to find it in the long list of Other Gimp procedure...

ImageMagick deletes images specified by index, but the problem is the top layer has a different index number in most files. There is no way, I think, to say: delete top layer. Or is there?

2017-02-24 10:15:03 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

batch remove layer

Hi, thanks,

I installed your plugin and the BIMP plugin, and I found your plugin under image/remove top layer. It works well, and does exactly what I want, but I don't know how to use it with the BIMP. How do I do that (I'm not an experienced GIMP user...). I cannot seem to find it in the long list of Other Gimp procedure...

ImageMagick deletes images specified by index, but the problem is the top layer has a different index number in most files. There is no way, I think, to say: delete top layer. Or is there?

apparently there is. Delete works with negative numbers, so:

mogrify -delete -1 -flatten -format png *.psd

removes the top layer (and flattens the rest and converts the images to png)

I would still like to know how to use your plugin (remove top layer) with the BIMP though.