RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

installing bump plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

installing bump plugin Bill Winegarden 27 Dec 18:47
  installing bump plugin Carol Spears 28 Dec 04:37
Bill Winegarden
2004-12-27 18:47:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

installing bump plugin

Hi,
I am a brand new member of this list so excuse my newbie questions. I checked the archive but it doesn't seem to be 'searchable' (it returns an error message).
Anyway, I am trying to install the bump plugin; which is just bumpmap.c, in order to do the tutorial but I can't seem to get it working. I think I'm supposed to use gimptool-2.0 but I get the command not found error.
Is this tool itself a plugin? Where do I obtain it?

I am running mandrake 10.1 official on an Inspiron 9100 laptop.

Thanks and regards, Bill W.

Carol Spears
2004-12-28 04:37:05 UTC (over 19 years ago)

installing bump plugin

On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 05:47:31PM +0000, Bill Winegarden wrote:

Hi,
I am a brand new member of this list so excuse my newbie questions. I checked the archive but it doesn't seem to be 'searchable' (it returns an error message).
Anyway, I am trying to install the bump plugin; which is just bumpmap.c, in order to do the tutorial but I can't seem to get it working. I think I'm supposed to use gimptool-2.0 but I get the command not found error.
Is this tool itself a plugin? Where do I obtain it?

see Filters -->Map -->Bump Map. i think what you are trying to install is already there.

for the gimptool, you need to install libgimp-dev.

carol