RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Can't remember where to find this tool...

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Can't remember where to find this tool... zukias 21 Feb 22:11
  Can't remember where to find this tool... Ofnuts 21 Feb 22:39
   Can't remember where to find this tool... zukias 21 Feb 22:59
    Can't remember where to find this tool... zukias 21 Feb 23:02
     Can't remember where to find this tool... Ofnuts 21 Feb 23:48
      Can't remember where to find this tool... Pat David 22 Feb 02:32
  Can't remember where to find this tool... satrio_jati 22 Feb 07:48
2017-02-21 22:11:04 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Hi, I am trying to find a tool which I can't remember, which I used to use years ago.

There used to be a tool where if for example I have a bit of hair sticking out, I would use this tool on it, and it would disappear and become the same colour as the background.

Does anyone know what this tool is called and where it's found?

Any advice appreciated.

Ofnuts
2017-02-21 22:39:17 UTC (about 7 years ago)

On 21/02/17 23:11, zukias wrote:

Hi, I am trying to find a tool which I can't remember, which I used to use years ago.

There used to be a tool where if for example I have a bit of hair sticking out, I would use this tool on it, and it would disappear and become the same colour as the background.

Any advice appreciated.

The Blur tool? ("Droplet" icon)?

2017-02-21 22:59:49 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

The Blur tool? ("Droplet" icon)?

nah, all that does it... blur... it :p The tool I'm thinking of used to intelligently detect what the predominant theme was for the local area. For example if the wall was in the background and I had a bit of hair sticking out, this tool would make the hair disappear and in its place, it would look like the wall was there all along.

2017-02-21 23:02:39 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

nah, all that does it... blur... it :p The tool I'm thinking of used to intelligently detect what the predominant theme was for the local area. For example if the wall was in the background and I had a bit of hair sticking out, this tool would make the hair disappear and in its place, it would look like the wall was there all along.

I'm now beginning to think if it is gimp at all? But Gimp is the only photo editing software I've ever used. The only other image-related software I've ever used is Inkscape and I can't imagine an svg-editing based software package would contain such advanced pixel-image editing functionality.

Ofnuts
2017-02-21 23:48:42 UTC (about 7 years ago)

On 22/02/17 00:02, zukias wrote:

I'm now beginning to think if it is gimp at all? But Gimp is the only photo editing software I've ever used. The only other image-related software I've ever used is Inkscape and I can't imagine an svg-editing based software package would contain such advanced pixel-image editing functionality.

The resynthesizer plugin, then... but it works on things much bigger than hair...

Pat David
2017-02-22 02:32:02 UTC (about 7 years ago)

The Clone or Heal brush possibly? On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 5:48 PM Ofnuts wrote:

On 22/02/17 00:02, zukias wrote:

I'm now beginning to think if it is gimp at all? But Gimp is the only

photo

editing software I've ever used. The only other image-related software

I've ever

used is Inkscape and I can't imagine an svg-editing based software

package would

contain such advanced pixel-image editing functionality.

The resynthesizer plugin, then... but it works on things much bigger than hair...

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Pat David
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC
2017-02-22 07:48:38 UTC (about 7 years ago)
postings

Any advice appreciated.

clone tool maybe?