RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Interesting problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Interesting problem Jozsef Mak 17 Dec 20:48
  Interesting problem Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 17 Dec 21:32
   Interesting problem Jozsef Mak 18 Dec 00:21
    Interesting problem Sven Neumann 18 Dec 00:37
     Interesting problem Jozsef Mak 18 Dec 01:08
      Interesting problem Jozsef Mak 18 Dec 02:55
Jozsef Mak
2004-12-17 20:48:06 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Interesting problem

Hi,

I have an interesting problem. I am running a dual boot system with Xp and Linux. I have a fat32 partition where i save my files from both operating systems. I have two versions of Gimp, one for each system. The windows version is 2.2pre2 and the Linux version is 2.0.2. Often i start a project in one system and continue working on it in the other. The other day, I created a new Gimp file with a custom swatches palette. But when i open it in the Linux version of Gimp the custom swatches palette doesn't show up, everything else is there, layers, gradients and so on. Any idea what might cause this?

jozsefmak

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-12-17 21:32:58 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Interesting problem

These palettes are not saved as part of the image. Rather, as Gimp-wide resources.

Look in the preferences dialog were is your palette data dir in windows. The palette you created will be there. You have to write this file to the equivalent dir, probably ~/.gimp-2.0/palettes/ , before you start the GIMP in linux.

On Friday 17 December 2004 17:48, Jozsef Mak wrote:

Hi,

I have an interesting problem. I am running a dual boot system with Xp and Linux. I have a fat32 partition where i save my files from both operating systems. I have two versions of Gimp, one for each system. The windows version is 2.2pre2 and the Linux version is 2.0.2. Often i start a project in one system and continue working on it in the other. The other day, I created a new Gimp file with a custom swatches palette. But when i open it in the Linux version of Gimp the custom swatches palette doesn't show up, everything else is there, layers, gradients and so on. Any idea what might cause this?

jozsefmak

Jozsef Mak
2004-12-18 00:21:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Interesting problem

From: "Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Interesting problem Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 18:32:58 -0200

These palettes are not saved as part of the image. Rather, as Gimp-wide resources.

Look in the preferences dialog were is your palette data dir in windows. The palette you created will be there. You have to write this file to the equivalent dir, probably ~/.gimp-2.0/palettes/ , before you start the GIMP in linux.

I copied the palette file from windows to ./gimp-2.0/palette folder, as you suggested, but the palette still doesn't show in the file when I open in Linux. Could it be because the Linux version of Gimp is not the same as Window's?

jozsefmak

On Friday 17 December 2004 17:48, Jozsef Mak wrote:

Hi,

jozsefmak

Sven Neumann
2004-12-18 00:37:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Interesting problem

Hi,

"Jozsef Mak" writes:

I copied the palette file from windows to ./gimp-2.0/palette folder, as you suggested, but the palette still doesn't show in the file when I open in Linux.

What do you mean when you say "a palette shows in a file"?

Sven

Jozsef Mak
2004-12-18 01:08:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Interesting problem

To: "Jozsef Mak"
CC: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Interesting problem Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:37:38 +0100

Hi,

"Jozsef Mak" writes:

I copied the palette file from windows to ./gimp-2.0/palette folder, as you suggested, but the palette still doesn't show in the file when I open in Linux.

I created a palette and named it GnomeIconcolors in windows. After saving, the name appeared on the list in the swatches window, among the default swatches, which comes with the program like Gray, Grayblue, Grayviolet and so on, in the windows version of Gimp but it doesn't show on Linux palette list when I open the file in the Linux version of Gimp even after copying the swatch palette from windows to Linux.

jozsefmak

Jozsef Mak
2004-12-18 02:55:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Interesting problem

To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Interesting problem Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:08:38 -0500

To: "Jozsef Mak"
CC: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Interesting problem Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:37:38 +0100

Hi,

"Jozsef Mak" writes:

I created a palette and named it GnomeIconcolors in windows. After saving, the name appeared on the list in the swatches window, among the default swatches, which comes with the program like Gray, Grayblue, Grayviolet and so on, in the windows version of Gimp but it doesn't show on Linux palette list when I open the file in the Linux version of Gimp even after copying the swatch palette from windows to Linux.

I made a test. I created a new file in Gimp Linux version. I created a custom swatch palette and saved it. Then I copied the custom palette swatch from Linux to Windows version and it worked perfectly. The custom swatch name showed on the swatches list. It seems the procedure fails only the other way around.

jozsefmak
k