RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Middle mouse button panning issue

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Middle mouse button panning issue Klemen 12 Jan 15:20
  Middle mouse button panning issue Steve Kinney 12 Jan 20:49
   Middle mouse button panning issue Klemen 12 Jan 23:19
   Middle mouse button panning issue Ofnuts 13 Jan 08:51
2017-01-12 15:20:35 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I have recently bought a new computer and installed Gimp on it. The issue is, that I cannot get the pan feature to work properly.

When I click the middle mouse button, it does register and it does let me pan, but it only registers for a split second - making it useless and quite annoying. It appears that only the click is registered, but holding the mouse button isn't. So I can't hold the middle mouse button and pan.

Now, on my old computer panning works fine and I use the same mouse. Both computers have default preferences as well, so I have no idea what the problem is.

Help would be greatly appreciated, because this issue highly affects my workflow with gimp.

Steve Kinney
2017-01-12 20:49:21 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 01/12/2017 10:20 AM, Klemen wrote:

I have recently bought a new computer and installed Gimp on it. The issue is, that I cannot get the pan feature to work properly.

When I click the middle mouse button, it does register and it does let me pan, but it only registers for a split second - making it useless and quite annoying. It appears that only the click is registered, but holding the mouse button isn't. So I can't hold the middle mouse button and pan.

Now, on my old computer panning works fine and I use the same mouse. Both computers have default preferences as well, so I have no idea what the problem is.

Help would be greatly appreciated, because this issue highly affects my workflow with gimp.

What you describe here is almost certainly a problem with the user interface setting in the operating system and/or desktop manager.

The group will need to know what OS is on the computer, to be able to suggest solutions.

:o)

2017-01-12 23:19:12 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

What you describe here is almost certainly a problem with the user interface setting in the operating system and/or desktop manager.

The group will need to know what OS is on the computer, to be able to suggest solutions.

:o)

Both computers run WIndows 10

Ofnuts
2017-01-13 08:51:10 UTC (over 7 years ago)

On 12/01/17 21:49, Steve Kinney wrote:

On 01/12/2017 10:20 AM, Klemen wrote:

And also the type of mouse. Some mice do very strange things and may require a specific driver to work "normally".