RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP datadriven graphics

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP datadriven graphics gre2gor 09 Jan 20:36
  GIMP datadriven graphics Rick Strong 09 Jan 23:22
  GIMP datadriven graphics Ofnuts 10 Jan 00:00
   GIMP datadriven graphics gre2gor 10 Jan 00:12
    GIMP datadriven graphics Rick Strong 10 Jan 18:57
    GIMP datadriven graphics Ofnuts 10 Jan 23:39
2017-01-09 20:36:18 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP datadriven graphics

Hi,
is there any willing member to hlep me started with data driven graphics? I used to do graphics with Photoshop and variables.

I need to do some graphics on the go, during livestream on YouTube. I started to use Powershell as a main control interface. Recently I found out that I could script to have dynamic images during the stream.

I do most ice hockey broadcasting with no budget, mainly becouse my sons play it. I would like to have some graphics when a goal is scored or penalty is assesed. I would want to have goal scorer or penalty receiver.

Prior the game I can enter roster and when event occours I would enter only jersey number and GIMP would make me a graphic based on jersey number and data from roster.

Something similar is now done with Photoshop, but I have to do it manualy - only data is taken from database (CSV file).

If somebody would want to help I would be really happy. I do not need the whole script, just something to start. I would figure out the rest eventualy.

Thank you in advance. Best regards
Grega

Rick Strong
2017-01-09 23:22:53 UTC (over 7 years ago)

GIMP datadriven graphics

Anything you can copy to the clipboard from say, an Excel Lookup Table, can be pasted into a new GIMP image. A GIMP script can take what's on the clipboard, format it and output it. To do it seamlessly I guess requires a higher order script to invoke the Excel script and then the GIMP script. Powershell may be the answer.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: gre2gor
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2017 3:36 PM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Cc: notifications@gimpusers.com
Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP datadriven graphics

Hi, is there any willing member to hlep me started with data driven graphics? I used
to do graphics with Photoshop and variables.

I need to do some graphics on the go, during livestream on YouTube. I started to
use Powershell as a main control interface. Recently I found out that I could
script to have dynamic images during the stream.

I do most ice hockey broadcasting with no budget, mainly becouse my sons play
it. I would like to have some graphics when a goal is scored or penalty is assesed. I would want to have goal scorer or penalty receiver.

Prior the game I can enter roster and when event occours I would enter only jersey number and GIMP would make me a graphic based on jersey number and data
from roster.

Something similar is now done with Photoshop, but I have to do it manualy - only
data is taken from database (CSV file).

If somebody would want to help I would be really happy. I do not need the whole
script, just something to start. I would figure out the rest eventualy.

Thank you in advance. Best regards
Grega

gre2gor (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Ofnuts
2017-01-10 00:00:40 UTC (over 7 years ago)

GIMP datadriven graphics

On 09/01/17 21:36, gre2gor wrote:

Hi,
is there any willing member to hlep me started with data driven graphics? I used to do graphics with Photoshop and variables.

I need to do some graphics on the go, during livestream on YouTube. I started to use Powershell as a main control interface. Recently I found out that I could script to have dynamic images during the stream.

I do most ice hockey broadcasting with no budget, mainly becouse my sons play it. I would like to have some graphics when a goal is scored or penalty is assesed. I would want to have goal scorer or penalty receiver.

Prior the game I can enter roster and when event occours I would enter only jersey number and GIMP would make me a graphic based on jersey number and data from roster.

Something similar is now done with Photoshop, but I have to do it manualy - only data is taken from database (CSV file).

If somebody would want to help I would be really happy. I do not need the whole script, just something to start. I would figure out the rest eventualy.

This shouldn't be too hard to do with Gimp Python scripts. There are plenty of libraries for everything in Python, so you could read Excel files, a SQLite database or even pull data from a web site. Now the problem is where you start (ie, what you already know...).

2017-01-10 00:12:22 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP datadriven graphics

I am a quick leaner from examples. Currently I got my self in Powershell, a few years ago I did a lot with GHOST and EPS manipulations. Is there one working example? Or something in my course?

Best regards grega

Rick Strong
2017-01-10 18:57:39 UTC (over 7 years ago)

GIMP datadriven graphics

You can record macros in Excel. Check out the Help entry on "Lookup Tables" and on "Macros".
ImageMagick http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php may be of use to you with GIMP. It appears to have an active community. Others will know far more than I do.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: gre2gor
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2017 7:12 PM To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Cc: notifications@gimpusers.com
Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP datadriven graphics

I am a quick leaner from examples. Currently I got my self in Powershell, a few
years ago I did a lot with GHOST and EPS manipulations. Is there one working example? Or something in my course?

Best regards grega

gre2gor (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
Ofnuts
2017-01-10 23:39:31 UTC (over 7 years ago)

GIMP datadriven graphics

On 10/01/17 01:12, gre2gor wrote:

I am a quick leaner from examples. Currently I got my self in Powershell, a few years ago I did a lot with GHOST and EPS manipulations. Is there one working example? Or something in my course?

Exemple of Gimp Python scripts? Take your pick: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/