RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to save .gif indexed colors as a color palette?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to save .gif indexed colors as a color palette? EXTERN Shakirov Timur (Firma ISS; GS-EC/EMT2) 13 Dec 15:54
  How to save .gif indexed colors as a color palette? Simon Budig 13 Dec 16:07
How to save .gif indexed colors as a color palette? Michael Schumacher 13 Dec 18:01
EXTERN Shakirov Timur (Firma ISS; GS-EC/EMT2)
2004-12-13 15:54:58 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hello,

How could I save indexed colors of my .gif-image as a color palette for the future use?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

============================================================

Timur Shakitov

Robert Bosch GmbH (iss GmbH)
Dept. GS-EC/EMT2
Robert Bosch Str. 2
D-71701 Schwieberdingen
Germany
Phone: +49 (711) 811-49483
E-Mail: Timur.Shakirov@de.Bosch.com

Simon Budig
2004-12-13 16:07:26 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Shakirov Timur (Timur.Shakirov@de.bosch.com) wrote:

How could I save indexed colors of my .gif-image as a color palette for the future use?

Open the GIF image and open the Palette dialog (Dialogs->Palettes). In the list of palettes do a rightclick with the mouse and select "Import" from this menu. In the dialog that pops up you can select the indexed image as a source for the palette.

I hope this helps, Simon

Michael Schumacher
2004-12-13 18:01:07 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hello,

Use the "Import" item in the context menu of the palettes dialog. The following dialog offers the palettes of openened indexed images for import. This is available in the 2.2-pre2 at least, don't know if any of the 2.0 already had this item.

HTH,
Michael