RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Applying same filter on muliple pics simultaneously

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Applying same filter on muliple pics simultaneously Krishnendu Roy 11 Dec 06:21
  Applying same filter on muliple pics simultaneously Sven Neumann 11 Dec 12:10
   Applying same filter on muliple pics simultaneously Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 11 Dec 14:07
   Applying same filter on muliple pics simultaneously Sven Neumann 11 Dec 15:23
Krishnendu Roy
2004-12-11 06:21:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi

I am a new user of GIMP and I use it mainly to sharpen the pics taken with my digicam. I usually initially use the unsharp mask (with same settings) for all the pictures.

While doing so I have to apply the same filter to all the pictures individually.

I was wondering whether there is any way to apply the filter simultaneously to all my pictures.

Thanks

Krishnendu

Sven Neumann
2004-12-11 12:10:33 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Krishnendu Roy writes:

I am a new user of GIMP and I use it mainly to sharpen the pics taken with my digicam. I usually initially use the unsharp mask (with same settings) for all the pictures.

While doing so I have to apply the same filter to all the pictures individually.

I was wondering whether there is any way to apply the filter simultaneously to all my pictures.

Not simultanously but using a small script you can apply the same effect to a list of images.

Sven

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-12-11 14:07:36 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Saturday 11 December 2004 09:10, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Krishnendu Roy writes:

Not simultanously but using a small script you can apply the same effect to a list of images.

Actually, easier than making a script in this case - since dig. pictores usually come numbered in order, you coul d try GIMP-GAP (Gimp Animation Package).

It adds a 'video' menu where you can treat each image in a numbered sequence as a 'frame' of a video, and there are ways to filter a range of 'frames'.]

Regards,
Joao

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-12-11 15:23:53 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Sven Neumann writes:

I guess it would help if I posted such a script here. The batch capabilities of GIMP could definitely be documented better. If someone would want to contribute a tutorial for batch processing using GIMP 2.2, we would be happy to add it to www.gimp.org.

OK, here's the script. It doesn't register any menu entry and can thus only be run from the command-line or the Script-Fu console. It would be easy to let it register in the menus, but I thought I should keep it as simple as possible:

;; batch-unsharp-mask -- apply unsharp-mask on a set of files ;; simple batch script for GIMP 2.2
;;
;; call it from the command-line using a line like the following: ;; gimp -i -b "(batch-unsharp-mask \"*.png\" 5.0 0.5 0)" "(gimp-quit 0)" ;;
;; This script uses the file-glob plug-in which is not available in GIMP 2.0.

(define (batch-unsharp-mask pattern radius
amount
threshold)
(let* ((filelist (cadr (file-glob pattern 1)))) (while filelist
(let* ((filename (car filelist)) (image (car (gimp-file-load RUN-NONINTERACTIVE filename filename)))
(drawable (car (gimp-image-get-active-layer image)))) (plug-in-unsharp-mask RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable radius amount threshold) (gimp-file-save RUN-NONINTERACTIVE image drawable filename filename) (gimp-image-delete image))
(set! filelist (cdr filelist)))))