RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mouse input not working (correctly).

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mouse input not working (correctly). Hamster127 23 Dec 14:53
  Mouse input not working (correctly). Hamster127 25 Dec 11:36
   Mouse input not working (correctly). Lork 15 Sep 09:19
    Mouse input not working (correctly). programmer_ceds 17 Sep 19:51
     Mouse input not working (correctly). Lork 18 Sep 08:43
2016-12-23 14:53:14 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Hi all,

first of all, since this is my first post I would like to extend a greeting to the community.

Now to the problem.

I installed Gimp 2.8.18 (most current) on my desktop Windows 7 PC. I have no other input device than my normal mouse, which is as `normal` as they come (two buttons and a wheel-button). From the first moment on, the interaction with the UI has been broken. When I click on something, say a tool, it selects the tool, but when I click on an other tool, it will NOT select it, only highlight it. I have to move to the top bar (where File, Edit, etc. are), in order to be able to click an other tool. There are other, very similar problems.

This makes interaction with this program a chore. I did not alter any settings, I even installed a portable version and had the same exact problem. I was not able to find a solution using search engines, so I am now here.

Any ideas what to do?

Cheers.

2016-12-25 11:36:45 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Bump... any ideas?

Hi all,

first of all, since this is my first post I would like to extend a greeting to the community.

Now to the problem.

I installed Gimp 2.8.18 (most current) on my desktop Windows 7 PC. I have no other input device than my normal mouse, which is as `normal` as they come (two buttons and a wheel-button). From the first moment on, the interaction with the UI has been broken. When I click on something, say a tool, it selects the tool, but when I click on an other tool, it will NOT select it, only highlight it. I have to move to the top bar (where File, Edit, etc. are), in order to be able to click an other tool. There are other, very similar problems.

This makes interaction with this program a chore. I did not alter any settings, I even installed a portable version and had the same exact problem. I was not able to find a solution using search engines, so I am now here.

Any ideas what to do?

Cheers.

2017-09-15 09:19:58 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Same problem here, Windows 8.1, GIMP 2.8.22.

Looks like we are the only ones.

2017-09-17 19:51:39 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Same problem here, Windows 8.1, GIMP 2.8.22.

Looks like we are the only ones.

I don't recall having any problems in this respect in any version of GIMP (currently using 2.8.22 with W7 64-bit) but in case it helps my settings for Edit/Preferences/Input Devices/Input Controllers show Available Controllers as DirectX Direct Input, Mouse Buttons, Mouse Wheel and Keyboard. Active Controllers as Main Mouse Wheel and Main Keyboard.

2017-09-18 08:43:10 UTC (over 6 years ago)
postings

Hi, thanks a lot for your reply.

my
settings for Edit/Preferences/Input Devices/Input Controllers show Available Controllers as DirectX Direct Input, Mouse Buttons, Mouse Wheel and Keyboard. Active Controllers as Main Mouse Wheel and Main Keyboard.

The same here. I should add the information that this bug is spurious: It appears once in a while, and then apparently nothing can cure it, including deleting the profile, restarting the PC, etc. A few days later, everything magically works as normal.