RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Intallation issue

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Intallation issue michael99 09 Dec 01:34
  Intallation issue Pat David 09 Dec 23:04
2016-12-09 01:34:02 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Intallation issue

I have installed GIMP 2.8.18 and it appears Ok However when I push the Start Icon the program seems to start but: 1. But no main windows shows up all I get is an icon on the task bar. 2. When I try to push the maximize on the task icon nothing happens

So my program does not run - I have idea what I did wrong.

I using windows 10 and there is plenty of room on d: drive where I installed it. I tried installing it on C: but no difference Please help
Micahel

Pat David
2016-12-09 23:04:48 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Intallation issue

It may be that the font cache is being built on the very first run, which can take a little time. Try starting it and leaving it alone for a bit. After the first time it should load up _much_ faster.

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 4:24 PM michael99 wrote:

I have installed GIMP 2.8.18 and it appears Ok However when I push the Start Icon the program seems to start but: 1. But no main windows shows up all I get is an icon on the task bar. 2. When I try to push the maximize on the task icon nothing happens

So my program does not run - I have idea what I did wrong.

I using windows 10 and there is plenty of room on d: drive where I installed it.
I tried installing it on C: but no difference Please help
Micahel

--
michael99 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Pat David
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC