RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Resyntheszer

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Resyntheszer Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list 29 Nov 22:44
  Resyntheszer Pat David 30 Nov 00:28
   Resyntheszer Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list 30 Nov 02:10
    Resyntheszer rich2005 30 Nov 09:24
Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list
2016-11-29 22:44:12 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Resyntheszer

On 24/11/16 03:49, Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list wrote:

I have downloaded Resynthesizer, to get Heal Selection and Heal Transparency.

I made the .py files executable, and transferred them and the resynthesizer[-gui] files to the location that GIMP specifies is where plug-ins should go /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

"Heal-___" appear in the menu, but when I activate the form, I get the following error window detail: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 736, in response dialog.res = run_script(params) File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script return apply(function, params)
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148, in heal_selection pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder, work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500) error: procedure not found
Running from terminal, I found why the procedure was not found:

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer-gui: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Some research seems to indicate that "wrong ELF class" is a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue. Since I installed Lubuntu 16.10 as 64-bit, I guess I should assume that the resynthesizer* files somehow are 32-bit.

Does there exist a 64-bit version of resynthesizer, or is there a way around this problem? There was no mention of this issue where I got the files: http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986

Google-ing the problem only resulted in two suggestions: 1. get a different GIMP that already has Heal-x and Resynth. installed (throw the baby out with the bathwater) 2. install gimp-plugin-registry (install what seems like hundreds of plugins that I don't want, to get the 2 or 3 that I do want = Overkill - Similar to when I originally tried to get Nemo file manager, and (at the time) also had to install the entire Cinnamon desktop...)

There must be a place to get just the two resynthesizer files, that are compatible with my system... (One assumes that the .py files, being interpreted scripts, don't come in 32-bit vs 64-bit versions.)

if you are on Ubuntu or a variant, you can get up-to-date Gimp and a matching copy of the more popular plugins (including resynthesizer) by adding Otto Kesselgulash's PPA to your software sources:

https://launchpad.net/~otto-kesselgulasch/+archive/ubuntu/gimp

From there you can install packages 'gimp' (which is the latest version 2.8.18), 'gimp-plugin-registry' (several useful plugins including resynthesizer) and 'gmic'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is what I was talking about in #2 above of the suggestions made to me...

You suggest " 'gimp-plugin-registry' (several useful plugins including resynthesizer) and 'gmic'." It may indeed have several useful plugins, but in fact it has a total of 179 or so plugins and scripts (~24 plugins, ~155 scripts), most of which I am not likely to use. (Yes, I realize there are not 179 totally different plugins/scripts - Resynthesizer accounts for 10 plugins by itself alone). (Counted from list of files @ "http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/amd64/gimp-plugin-registry/filelist" - having omitted to count various help/locale files)

No doubt in the future, I would want to see lists of the most useful scripts/plugins for given tasks, but even then, I would probably want to install them separately.

[gmic does not seem to be present in 'gimp-plugin-registry', but does seem to be present separately in my repositories as 'gmic' and 'gimp-gmic']

For the moment, I just need 64-bit compatible Resynthesizer and Resynthesizer-gui files...

If all else falils, I suppose I must download the source and compile them. https://github.com/bootchk/resynthesizer should have what I would need, but it is not at all clear what source files and compile scripts would be needed, nor exactly how to download them...

Pat David
2016-11-30 00:28:49 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Resyntheszer

If you're not going to grab pre-built binaries for resynthesizer, you'll need to compile it yourself.

Could you download the source package and extract the plugin you need (from GIMP-plugin-registry)?
On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:50 PM Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list < gimp-user-list@gnome.org> wrote:

I have downloaded Resynthesizer, to get Heal Selection and Heal

Transparency.

I made the .py files executable, and transferred them and the

resynthesizer[-gui] files to the location

that GIMP specifies is where plug-ins should go /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

"Heal-___" appear in the menu, but when I activate the form, I get the

following error window detail:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 736, in response dialog.res = run_script(params) File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script return apply(function, params)
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148,

in heal_selection

pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder,

work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500)

error: procedure not found

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer: error while loading shared

libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer-gui: error while loading shared

libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Some research seems to indicate that "wrong ELF class" is a 32-bit vs

64-bit issue.

Since I installed Lubuntu 16.10 as 64-bit, I guess I should assume that

the resynthesizer* files somehow are 32-bit.

Does there exist a 64-bit version of resynthesizer, or is there a way

around this problem?

There was no mention of this issue where I got the files: http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986

Google-ing the problem only resulted in two suggestions: 1. get a different GIMP that already has Heal-x and Resynth. installed

(throw the baby out with the bathwater)

2. install gimp-plugin-registry (install what seems like hundreds of

plugins that I don't want, to get the 2 or 3 that I do want = Overkill - Similar to when I originally tried to get Nemo file manager, and (at the time) also had to install the entire Cinnamon desktop...)

There must be a place to get just the two resynthesizer files, that are

compatible with my system...

(One assumes that the .py files, being interpreted scripts, don't come

in 32-bit vs 64-bit versions.)

if you are on Ubuntu or a variant, you can get up-to-date Gimp and a matching copy of the more popular plugins (including resynthesizer) by adding Otto Kesselgulash's PPA to your software sources:

From there you can install packages 'gimp' (which is the latest version 2.8.18), 'gimp-plugin-registry' (several useful plugins including resynthesizer) and 'gmic'.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is what I was talking about in #2 above of the suggestions made to me...

You suggest " 'gimp-plugin-registry' (several useful plugins including resynthesizer) and 'gmic'."
It may indeed have several useful plugins, but in fact it has a total of 179 or so plugins and scripts
(~24 plugins, ~155 scripts), most of which I am not likely to use. (Yes, I realize there are not 179 totally different plugins/scripts - Resynthesizer accounts for 10 plugins by itself alone). (Counted from list of files @ "
http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/amd64/gimp-plugin-registry/filelist" - having omitted to count various help/locale files)

No doubt in the future, I would want to see lists of the most useful scripts/plugins for given tasks, but even then, I would probably want to install them separately.

[gmic does not seem to be present in 'gimp-plugin-registry', but does seem to be present separately in my repositories as 'gmic' and 'gimp-gmic']

For the moment, I just need 64-bit compatible Resynthesizer and Resynthesizer-gui files...

If all else falils, I suppose I must download the source and compile them. https://github.com/bootchk/resynthesizer should have what I would need, but it is not at all clear what source files and compile scripts would be needed, nor exactly how to download them...

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list
2016-11-30 02:10:11 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Resyntheszer

>...you'll need to compile it yourself. I was hoping to avoid that.... And your next idea:

Could you download the source package and extract the plugin you need (from GIMP-plugin-registry)?

...was brilliant! I wish I had thought of it!

Anyway, I used Synaptic to download --> I selected the package, clicked on Install, Clicked Apply, but checked "Download packages only." To install gimp-plugin-registry, it insists on bringing in 4 or 5 other packages (one of which was gimp-gmic !) My Lubuntu stores packages (for a while, anyway) at /var/cache/apt/archives. I copied the gimp-plugin-registry package .deb file to my Downloads directory in my separate /data partition, made a new directory in which to put all the extracted files, and used Archive Manager on the .deb file, and then on the data.tar.xz file within it to extract the 10 resynthesizer-based files (I noticed that this package's resynthsizer_gui differed from my resynthesizer-gui, so I thought I'd best replace the .py files with the new ones, as there was obviously at least one change...) I did not extract the two (why are there two?) resynthesizer.mo files, as I had no idea what they are or do. They do not seem to be necessary to run Heal-Selection (or Resynthesizer, which it calls).

GIMP now has no problem starting up and using the resynthersizer files. Now, I'll just have to practice!

Thank you, Pat for your idea.

[I was more detailed in my response, in case anyone else wanted to do something similar, and didn't know how...]

-----Original Message----- From: Pat David
To: scott092707 ; gimp-user-list
Sent: Tue, Nov 29, 2016 7:29 pm
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Resyntheszer

If you're not going to grab pre-built binaries for resynthesizer, you'll need to compile it yourself.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:50 PM Scott Jacobs via gimp-user-list wrote:

I have downloaded Resynthesizer, to get Heal Selection and Heal Transparency.

I made the .py files executable, and transferred them and the resynthesizer[-gui] files to the location that GIMP specifies is where plug-ins should go /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins

"Heal-___" appear in the menu, but when I activate the form, I get the following error window detail: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 736, in response dialog.res = run_script(params) File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/python/gimpfu.py", line 361, in run_script return apply(function, params)
File "/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/plugin-heal-selection.py", line 148, in heal_selection pdb.plug_in_resynthesizer(timg, tdrawable, 0,0, useBorder, work_drawable.ID, -1, -1, 0.0, 0.117, 16, 500) error: procedure not found

/usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64 /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/resynthesizer-gui: error while loading shared libraries: libgimpui-2.0.so.0: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Some research seems to indicate that "wrong ELF class" is a 32-bit vs 64-bit issue. Since I installed Lubuntu 16.10 as 64-bit, I guess I should assume that the resynthesizer* files somehow are 32-bit.

Does there exist a 64-bit version of resynthesizer, or is there a way around this problem? There was no mention of this issue where I got the files: http://registry.gimp.org/node/27986

Google-ing the problem only resulted in two suggestions: 1. get a different GIMP that already has Heal-x and Resynth. installed (throw the baby out with the bathwater) 2. install gimp-plugin-registry (install what seems like hundreds of plugins that I don't want, to get the 2 or 3 that I do want = Overkill - Similar to when I originally tried to get Nemo file manager, and (at the time) also had to install the entire Cinnamon desktop...)

There must be a place to get just the two resynthesizer files, that are compatible with my system... (One assumes that the .py files, being interpreted scripts, don't come in 32-bit vs 64-bit versions.)

You suggest " 'gimp-plugin-registry' (several useful plugins including resynthesizer) and 'gmic'." It may indeed have several useful plugins, but in fact it has a total of 179 or so plugins and scripts (~24 plugins, ~155 scripts), most of which I am not likely to use. (Yes, I realize there are not 179 totally different plugins/scripts - Resynthesizer accounts for 10 plugins by itself alone). (Counted from list of files @ "http://packages.ubuntu.com/yakkety/amd64/gimp-plugin-registry/filelist" - having omitted to count various help/locale files)

rich2005
2016-11-30 09:24:45 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Resyntheszer

****snipped all the repeated quotes****

Apart from the actual resynthesizer plugin.

If you are are single-user. The place for your plugins is in your gimp profile ~/.gimp-2.8/plug-ins

It might be traditional, but compiling a plugin is not for everyone. Lots of never-to-be-used-again dev packages cluttering the system up. Old code that throws up errors due to compiler syntax changes.

Some linux distros do have a single packages for some plugins. Debian has a monster, gimp-plugin-registry_amd64.deb - 24 plugins/164 scripts.

What to do with that. One way is install it, copy the required files from /usr/lib/gimp/2.0/plug-ins/ to your gimp profile. Then uninstall the package. A better way is download the deb and unpack it, to get the files. Arc will unpack a .deb

A final way is ask someone for the files.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/erydszotjxttk57/resynth-buntu-64bit.zip

Did this for someone a few months back, contains just 3 files, resynthesizer resynthesizer-gui plugin-heal-selection.py

rich: www.gimp-forum.net