RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changing size for one tool changes all other tool sizes too.

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changing size for one tool changes all other tool sizes too. Senoigh 17 Nov 19:54
  Changing size for one tool changes all other tool sizes too. GoJinxYourself 22 Mar 06:26
2016-11-17 19:54:25 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I'm having trouble with the new Gimp version when it comes to changing tool sizes. For example, when I would have my brush at a certain size and then switch to the eraser, the eraser tool would be at whatever size I had it last and then I could change the size if I needed. Now when I'm using a brush and have it at a certain size, if I switch to the eraser and resize that, when I go back to the brush it's now the size I made the eraser making me change the brush size again to how I had it before. Basically, it used to be that each tool stayed the same size I had them at independent of each other. Now they all change size when I only want the current tool I'm using to change. This is really frustrating and time consuming and I was wondering if there's a solution that would make this process more like how it was in the earlier Gimp iterations.

If someone could help me with this I would be so grateful. Thank you.

2018-03-22 06:26:46 UTC (about 6 years ago)
postings

I'm having trouble with the new Gimp version when it comes to changing tool sizes. For example, when I would have my brush at a certain size and then switch to the eraser, the eraser tool would be at whatever size I had it last and then I could change the size if I needed. Now when I'm using a brush and have it at a certain size, if I switch to the eraser and resize that, when I go back to the brush it's now the size I made the eraser making me change the brush size again to how I had it before. Basically, it used to be that each tool stayed the same size I had them at independent of each other. Now they all change size when I only want the current tool I'm using to change. This is really frustrating and time consuming and I was wondering if there's a solution that would make this process more like how it was in the earlier Gimp iterations.

If someone could help me with this I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Hiya! I just came across your post after realizing the same problem with my brushes. It's over a year later, and you may have already found a fix or alternate solution, but if not, I found this forum post helped me fix it: http://gimpforums.com/thread-different-brush-settings-for-different-tools

Apologies if this was useless information at this point, but hey you never know. c: Cheers~