RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP is in Japanese

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP is in Japanese nico-nii 08 Nov 03:36
  GIMP is in Japanese KesonaFyren 08 Nov 04:58
  GIMP is in Japanese Alexandre Prokoudine 08 Nov 18:49
  GIMP is in Japanese jonesie 19 May 02:29
2016-11-08 03:36:28 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP is in Japanese

I got a new laptop and had to redownload GIMP. However, when I opened it, everything was is Japanese. I can read a little bit, so it's not as big as a problem as it usually would be. I'm trying to look for an English download to make it easier to read. I have macOS Sierra, if that gives any clues to what might have happened.

2016-11-08 04:58:02 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP is in Japanese

I got a new laptop and had to redownload GIMP. However, when I opened it, everything was is Japanese. I can read a little bit, so it's not as big as a problem as it usually would be. I'm trying to look for an English download to make it easier to read. I have macOS Sierra, if that gives any clues to what might have happened.

Um....that's odd. Here's instructions for Windows but I dunno about Mac https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I53auwE_SNk Are you sure you selected English for installation? I think uninstalling and reinstalling would reset things...

Alexandre Prokoudine
2016-11-08 18:49:28 UTC (over 7 years ago)

GIMP is in Japanese

Please grab an updated build here: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=770708#c37

Alex

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 6:36 AM, nico-nii wrote:

2017-05-19 02:29:21 UTC (almost 7 years ago)
postings

GIMP is in Japanese

I got a new laptop and had to redownload GIMP. However, when I opened it, everything was is Japanese.

Sierra replaces or overwrites all of the .rc (config) files for GIMP.

Pull these files from a backup done before you upgraded or reloaded Sierra and put them back in your Library folder, in the Application Support folder, GIMP folder, 2.8

colorrc controllerrc
dockrc
menurc
parasiterc
profilerc
sessionrc
tags.xml
templaterc
themerc
toolrc
unitrc

Typical Apple engineering stupidity (don't get me started).