RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

2 pixil wide lines?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

2 pixil wide lines? Hanbaal 28 Oct 05:14
  2 pixil wide lines? Hanbaal 28 Oct 05:38
   2 pixil wide lines? rich2005 28 Oct 08:25
  2 pixil wide lines? Noel Stoutenburg 30 Oct 17:35
2016-10-28 05:14:02 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

2 pixil wide lines?

Hi folks. Heres a stupid question. how do you draw a line an even number of pixils wide ?
There used to be an easy size changer, now theres just scale. I can only get sizes 1,3,5,7 etc.

2016-10-28 05:38:53 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

2 pixil wide lines?

Hi folks. Heres a stupid question. how do you draw a line an even number of pixils wide
?
There used to be an easy size changer, now theres just scale. I can only get sizes 1,3,5,7 etc.

I suppose if i could change the pencil shape to square it would work but i cant see how to do that.

rich2005
2016-10-28 08:25:37 UTC (over 7 years ago)

2 pixil wide lines?

I suppose if i could change the pencil shape to square it would work but i cant see how to do that.

AFAIK you can not get 2, 4, ...px with a parametric brush.

1. Make a 2x2 px grayscale .gbr brush. Grayscale so it will pick up the foreground colour. see screenshot:

2. As you said, use the pencil tool to avoid anti-aliasing.

3. Select the brush, set the size and colour. see screenshot

4. There are snags if using shift-click to draw straight lines. The origin and end of a line is center of pixel, which of course for an even number of pixels is off-center of the brush. In that case make a path, stroke the path with anti-aliasing turned off.

Noel Stoutenburg
2016-10-30 17:35:04 UTC (over 7 years ago)

2 pixil wide lines?

Friends,

I'm confused when Hanbaal writes:

Hi folks. Heres a stupid question. how do you draw a line an even number of pixils wide? There used to be an easy size changer, now theres just scale. I can only get sizes 1,3,5,7 etc.

To reduce my confusion, perhaps you could advise what version of GIMP you are using, and exactly how you are trying to create your line.

ns