RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

changing the size of brushes in 2.2 pre2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

changing the size of brushes in 2.2 pre2 Napoleon Ahiable 23 Nov 19:38
  changing the size of brushes in 2.2 pre2 Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 23 Nov 20:03
  changing the size of brushes in 2.2 pre2 Sven Neumann 23 Nov 20:54
  changing the size of brushes in 2.2 pre2 Dave Neary 24 Nov 18:28
   changing the size of brushes in 2.2 pre2 Sven Neumann 24 Nov 21:03
Napoleon Ahiable
2004-11-23 19:38:49 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I read that it is possible create a scalable brush in 2.2 pre2. How do i bind keys to the brush properties so that i don't have to go to brush editor everytime i need to change the size?

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-11-23 20:03:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 16:38, Napoleon Ahiable wrote:

I read that it is possible create a scalable brush in 2.2 pre2. How do i bind keys to the brush properties so that i don't have to go to brush editor everytime i need to change the size?

File->preferences->interface->configure keyboard shortcuts.

__________________________________ Do you Yahoo!?
Meet the all-new My Yahoo! - Try it today! http://my.yahoo.com

Sven Neumann
2004-11-23 20:54:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Napoleon Ahiable writes:

Go to the Preferences dialog and click on "Configure Keyboard Shortcuts".

Sven

Dave Neary
2004-11-24 18:28:56 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Quoting Napoleon Ahiable :

First create a new brush in the brushes dock.

Set the hardness & radius to what you want.

Then open the shortcut editor and find the Increase/Decrease brush size entries, and assign shortcuts to them.

You cannot change the size or hardness of a brush during a stroke.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France

Sven Neumann
2004-11-24 21:03:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Dave Neary writes:

You cannot change the size or hardness of a brush during a stroke.

You can, if you have the right hardware at hand. GIMP 2.2 allows for input controller modules. Such input controllers, if they do not use the standard mouse or keyboard (these are grabbed by GIMP already) but other input hardware, are able to change the brush size or hardness during a stroke. GIMP 2.2 comes with two such modules, others could be added easily. The two modules that we distribute are a Linux Input event controller and a MIDI event controller. Using the Linux input layer, a number of USB input devices such as a Griffin Powermate Controller or Contour Design's Shuttle Pro can be used to control GIMP. The GIMP MIDI controller module allows you to use all kind of MIDI devices. MIDI keyboards, foot pedals, drum pads, a MIDI controller with knobs and sliders, a guitar-to-MIDI converter ...

Sven