RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Delay in windows port of Gimp releases (Sven Neumann)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20041121200020.6865612FF0@l... 07 Oct 20:16
  Delay in windows port of Gimp releases (Sven Neumann) Allen Bethea 21 Nov 23:20
Allen Bethea
2004-11-21 23:20:04 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Delay in windows port of Gimp releases (Sven Neumann)

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:00:20 -0800 (PST), gimp-user-request@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu wrote:

This is actually a misunderstanding. The official GIMP releases are source code releases only. There are no official binary releases for any platform whatsoever. Fortunately there are a few people who are doing you and other users the favor of building binaries. In the past, binaries for the Win32 platform have showed up reasonably fast, faster than for most other platforms. So far the only two sources of binaries for GIMP 2.2-pre2 that I know about are Jernej's site (which offers a Win32 build) and Debian experimental (GNU/Linux).

I appreciate the efforts of those who work on the Windows binaries. I lack the expertise to to do the work myself. I am perfectly willing to wait for a stable release -- which will be made freely available to folks like me.