RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

sRGB

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

sRGB Richard 18 Nov 23:28
  sRGB Sven Neumann 19 Nov 10:36
   sRGB Richard 19 Nov 15:46
Richard
2004-11-18 23:28:27 UTC (over 19 years ago)

sRGB

How does one tell Gimp, to use sRGB color profile? when displaying images. ( gimp 2.0 )

is there a setting for this?

Thanks- Richard
:-(

Sven Neumann
2004-11-19 10:36:25 UTC (over 19 years ago)

sRGB

Hi,

Richard writes:

How does one tell Gimp, to use sRGB color profile? when displaying images. ( gimp 2.0 )

The display routine assumes that the sRGB colorspace is being used. If you want to use other color profiles for display, you can do so using the Proof filter found in View->Display Filters. Yes, this is all quite preliminary. Better color management support is scheduled for GIMP 2.4.

Sven

Richard
2004-11-19 15:46:34 UTC (over 19 years ago)

sRGB

The reason for asking, is the fact, after spending 4 days on a photo, to get it just right, then go down to my local CVS or Wal-Greens, to have them print digital photo's.

My 5x7 color was off, to dark and too vivid, and when setting image size to 6.67 x 5, they in turn in large image.

So, now I am wondering, I could have color matching, from my camera, and monitor... but when going to other places, for printing... not going to get the 1:1

Richard

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Richard writes:

The display routine assumes that the sRGB colorspace is being used. If you want to use other color profiles for display, you can do so using the Proof filter found in View->Display Filters. Yes, this is all quite preliminary. Better color management support is scheduled for GIMP 2.4.

Sven