RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

coloured clouds, how to?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

coloured clouds, how to? Alan Horkan 18 Nov 21:35
  coloured clouds, how to? Simon Budig 19 Nov 00:31
   coloured clouds, how to? Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 19 Nov 02:19
  coloured clouds, how to? Dave Neary 19 Nov 11:18
Alan Horkan
2004-11-18 21:35:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

coloured clouds, how to?

I am trying to recreate an effect from another photo editing application and I am wondering if there is a better way to achieve the cloud effect I'm looking for.

I'm using "Filters, Render, Clouds, Solid Noise" to generate the clouds. Unfortunately that only generates black and white clouds whereas the other software generates clouds using the current background and foreground colours. Is there a way to do this that just have not discovered or do I have to colour the clouds afterwards?

I'm getting some adequate results using 'Layers, Colours, Colourize' but I was hoping some one might be able to recommend alternative or better approaches.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Dia is for Diagrams http://gnome.org/projects/dia/ Alan's Journal http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/ Abiword is Awesome http://abisource.com

Simon Budig
2004-11-19 00:31:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

coloured clouds, how to?

Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie) wrote:

I'm using "Filters, Render, Clouds, Solid Noise" to generate the clouds. Unfortunately that only generates black and white clouds whereas the other software generates clouds using the current background and foreground colours.

You can apply all gradients (e.g. the FG->BG Gradient) via Filters->Colors->Map->Gradient Map.

Bye, Simon

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-11-19 02:19:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

coloured clouds, how to?

On Thursday 18 November 2004 21:31, Simon Budig wrote:

Alan Horkan (horkana@maths.tcd.ie) wrote:

I'm using "Filters, Render, Clouds, Solid Noise" to generate the clouds. Unfortunately that only generates black and white clouds whereas the other software generates clouds using the current background and foreground colours.

You can apply all gradients (e.g. the FG->BG Gradient) via Filters->Colors->Map->Gradient Map.

I also have a script that does the same, but applies a palette instead of a gradient. You can make a palette of your image's colormap, and use it if that is really what you want. I have palette sorting too.

Bye,
Simon

Regards,
JS
->

Dave Neary
2004-11-19 11:18:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

coloured clouds, how to?

Hi,

Quoting Alan Horkan :

I'm using "Filters, Render, Clouds, Solid Noise" to generate the clouds. Unfortunately that only generates black and white clouds whereas the other software generates clouds using the current background and foreground colours. Is there a way to do this that just have not discovered or do I have to colour the clouds afterwards?

You have to colour them afterwards, as far as I know.

I'm getting some adequate results using 'Layers, Colours, Colourize' but I was hoping some one might be able to recommend alternative or better approaches.

Map to gradient (Filters->Colors->Map->Gradient Map) should give you the result you're looking for with the default BG - FG gradient.

Or you could try the Misc tab of the colormap rotation filter (Filters->Colors->Map->Colormap rotation) and select a big swarth of grey values (changing the "What is grey?" value) and map them to the FG color (or whatever color you want).

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France